What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Enchantment
This topic is about Enchantment
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy: Modernised retelling of fairy tale type, with time travel. Set in modern day America and medieval Russia (or similar). [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saskia (last edited Mar 18, 2018 06:33PM) (new)

Saskia Keri | 2 comments I listened to this audiobook around 2010-2012, I think it was a new release from the library at the time. The author is male and as I recall this was his only fantasy book at this time, his other books were sci-fi or thriller. There is a hole in a forest which (I think) an American man stumbles across and falls into this other world. There is a romance between him and a medieval Russian girl, who is controlled by a Baba Yaga type. At some point the location shifts to modern day United States. It was a great read, well written and unique and I appreciate any help remembering it!

message 2: by 0possum (new)

0possum | 71 comments Try Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. It might be your book. It's not his only fantasy book but he is better known for science fiction.

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 264 comments Yup, this is for sure Enchantment, by Orson Scott Card.

message 4: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Keri | 2 comments Thanks so much you guys!! Nailed it 😁

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enchantment (other topics)