The Name of the Book discussion

The Book Club > Book Requests

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caz (littlebookowl) (littlebookowl) | 7 comments Mod
There isn't one specific way that the hosts will be deciding which books to read - it might be books we are all excited about, a book that also has a movie adaptation coming out, or we might have themed months where we select a handful of books and set up a poll on Twitter.

If there are any fantasy or sci-fi novels that YOU would like to see chosen for the book club (it doesn't have to be a new release) then feel free to leave your suggestions here! Alternatively, any theme ideas would also be welcome :)

message 2: by Sara (last edited Mar 19, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Sara (maelleth) | 1 comments Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey, the first book in The Expanse series (sci-fi).

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (g-swizzel) | 1 comments Furyborn, To Kill A Kingdom, Leviathan Wakes, City of Brass, Red Sister, Whisper, Every Heart A Doorway, just all the fantasy/sci-fi on my TBR lol

message 4: by Tania (new)

Tania Moran | 2 comments The diminished by Kaitlyn sage Patterson looks a good fantasy book 😊

message 5: by Kirin (new)

Kirin Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Beautiful Beauties by Stephan King

Ssnakeplissken1997 | 7 comments Sea of Ghosts by Alan Campbell seems really good!

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott Williamson | 2 comments Children of Blood and Bone - Tom Adeyemi

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (angelmuse) | 2 comments Even though I've already read it myself, any excuse to recommend Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames

message 10: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (absinthereader) | 2 comments All systems red by Martha Wells (Loved it)
Anything by David Eddings (Love them)
Vicious by V.E. Schwab (On TBR)

message 11: by bookellenic (new)

bookellenic | 1 comments To Kill A Kingdom, Everless!

message 12: by Lesya (new)

Lesya BlackBird | 3 comments Ssnakeplissken1997 wrote: "Sea of Ghosts by Alan Campbell seems really good!"

I legit gasped when I saw this! Alan Campbell is not talked about enough!

Ssnakeplissken1997 | 7 comments Lesya wrote: "Ssnakeplissken1997 wrote: "Sea of Ghosts by Alan Campbell seems really good!"

I legit gasped when I saw this! Alan Campbell is not talked about enough!"

I haven't read any of his books but I read a review of Sea of Ghosts recently and it just seemed so good, I ordered it immediately.

message 14: by Lesya (new)

Lesya BlackBird | 3 comments Ssnakeplissken1997 wrote: "Lesya wrote: "Ssnakeplissken1997 wrote: "Sea of Ghosts by Alan Campbell seems really good!"

I legit gasped when I saw this! Alan Campbell is not talked about enough!"
I haven't read any of his boo..."

I've read both his first series and the second one but we are missing the final book on that one. I vastly enjoyed his style and the kinds of worlds he creates. His imagination is weird and very fun to wade trough.

message 15: by clara (new)

clara | 3 comments Howl's moving castle by Diana Wynne Jones

message 16: by Lily (new)

Lily Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

message 17: by Allison (new)

Allison (thedraftedpage) | 2 comments Clara wrote: "Howl's moving castle by Diana Wynne Jones"

I would love to reread this book and continue with the series. It has been too long!

message 18: by Allison (new)

Allison (thedraftedpage) | 2 comments I'm literally down to read any of these books!

message 19: by Luminous_Monkey (last edited Mar 27, 2018 04:50PM) (new)

Luminous_Monkey | 2 comments Lily wrote: "Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks"

The Black Prism Series is so good!

message 20: by Jas (new)

Jas (jasminebingereads) | 3 comments The Princess and the Captain by Anne-Laure Bondoux

It is actually amazing! I would highly recommend.

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary Zemina | 1 comments Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin, The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill, A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan

message 22: by KattDee (new)

KattDee | 6 comments The Lies of Locke Lamora - I have heard so many great things about it!!

message 23: by Josie (new)

Josie Pawlicka (josie_paw) | 1 comments Scythe by Neal Shusterman!! Been dying to pick this one up, but simply haven’t gotten round to it

message 24: by KattDee (new)

KattDee | 6 comments Josie wrote: "Scythe by Neal Shusterman!! Been dying to pick this one up, but simply haven’t gotten round to it"

Yes, I would love to read that one as well!!

message 25: by Breanne (new)

Breanne Winkle | 2 comments I’ve been wanting to read Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff!

message 26: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 3 comments Luminous_Monkey wrote: "Lily wrote: "Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
The Black Prism by Brent Weeks"

The Black Prism Series is so good!"

I love the Black Prism books. I have yet to pick up The Blood Mirror. :)

Katie (Melting Pages) (meltingpages) | 2 comments Theresa wrote: "Even though I've already read it myself, any excuse to recommend Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames"

I totally agree! I always recommend Kings of the Wyld so I second this recommendation!

message 28: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (thereaderwitch) | 3 comments Katie (Melting Pages) wrote: "Theresa wrote: "Even though I've already read it myself, any excuse to recommend Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames"

I totally agree! I always recommend Kings of the Wyld so I second this recomme..."

definitely! it's one of my favourite books of all time!

Jessica (The Mortal Jessica) (jessicapaigee_) | 1 comments I haven't actually read The Name of the Wind yet so maybe if you guys wanted to reread it you could have that one again! also the Lies of Locke Lamora or Mistborn

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (jbradley86) Jessica (The Mortal Jessica) wrote: "I haven't actually read The Name of the Wind yet so maybe if you guys wanted to reread it you could have that one again! also the Lies of Locke Lamora or Mistborn"

I'm in the same boat having never read The Name of the Wind yet and would love to pick it up soon. So i agree with that vote.

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 2 comments Prince of Fools is my vote for March!
I really want to read Name of the Wind, but I'm not starting that series until it's completed :')

message 32: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Powers | 2 comments Circe by Madeline miller or her first book in the series

message 33: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Schiffl | 2 comments Definitely keen on reading some more #LoveOzYA, so maybe at least one month could be Aussie authors?