Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Self Promotion > **Unique Book Feature**

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 4 comments I need some help from all my readers out there.

Every few weeks I'm looking to choose a different book for my group(based on suggestions and reviews from others) and feature it on the group's homepage and bookshelf. This is NOT a Book of the Month, where the most popular wins. This is a place to discover and discuss books based on their unique merits, even if they are not that well known.

I'll be looking for books that stand out for some reason (ex. they are controversial, they are written by a brand new author that has stunned readers, they incited a very strong emotion from you, they address an issue or a creature that is rarely talked about, etc). I want to find books that are a little different, but still deserve the spotlight.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know so I can get it out there. Tell me what the book is and why you think readers should know about it.

**Authors please do not contact me about your own work. This is not the place for you to promote your books (there is a separate folder for that).

I look forward to seeing what you all can dig up!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 376 comments I just finished a book by Karen Luellen Winter's Awakening The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) by Karen Luellen What I loved about this book is the fact that a woman risked her life for children that was being experimented on. She got them out and raised them accordingly to their situation. When she was in trouble, these kids went to extremes to find her. I've already posted my review on this book. Let me know what you think? Happy Reading!!!

message 3: by Sarbi (last edited Jul 24, 2014 08:36PM) (new)

Sarbi | 172 comments My Sweet Audrina
I`m don`t know if you`ve read this book but when I think of a unique book at least in my shelf this one always pops in my mind. It`s just an eerily beautiful book with some disturbing secrets at the end but it`s worth reading in my opinión, it will definitely stay with the reader. If you ever check it out let me know :D Have fun!

Also Unwind I can`t even... if you want a book that makes you think about humanity and what makes a person "alive" check this out.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 30 comments All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld

This book is one of the winners of the Miles Franklin Awards, I just completed it recently. Its the second book this author has written, I haven't read the first. It is supposed to be a psychological thriller but its really not that bad, its more disturbing than scary, but in a good way. The unique thing about this book or at least to me is the way its written. Half of the book is writen from the present day running forward, the other half is a bit before the main character ends up where she is and then runs backwards into her formative years.

I was basically on the edge of my seat the whole time, the ending was a little abrupt, but ignoring that, I thought it was a good book. It definitely fits the unique category you are looking for.