PenPal Readers discussion

Life of Pi
This topic is about Life of Pi
Archive [General] > Life of Pi by Yann Martel: 1st May

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Although the movie based on Life of Pi has been out for a long time, I still haven't read the book. But, I'm planning to fix that! If you haven't read it either, why not join me? If you have read it already, let me know your thoughts!

Since monthly read theme of May is "Night at the movies", this could serve as a way to participate in two topics at once!

message 2: by Jazzy (last edited Mar 18, 2018 06:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments How did this get chosen? I don't remember voting, but perhaps I did. I read this one before the film came out, so not looking to read it again. Ah youth, to me Life of Pi didn't come out that long ago, but to Mion it was ages. :)

message 3: by Tiina (last edited Mar 18, 2018 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Oh, it's not monthly read! It's just a buddy read that also fits May's monthly read topic, since I definitely intend to read it this year! How did you enjoy the book?

message 4: by Jazzy (last edited Mar 18, 2018 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Mion wrote: "Oh, it's not monthly read! It's just a buddy read that also fits May's monthly read topic, since I definitely intend to read it this year! How did you enjoy the book?"

I liked the book, and it was recommended to me by a friend. My impression reading it (although that may be wrong) was that it was a spiritual journey so I couldn't figure out how they were going to make a film of it, but the film was very good, as well as visually stunning, although I've only seen it once.