2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Santiago's slow but steady start

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Santiago (last edited Apr 24, 2018 03:30PM) (new)

Santiago Peña | 7 comments I want to start with a short list, but i think i would enjoy reading all this books, my goal is to reach the 12 books on this year, and these are the books i've read so far:
1.El poder de la decencia
El poder de la decencia by Sergio Fajardo
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
3. The Three-Body Problem
The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1) by Liu Cixin
4. Hear the Wind Sing and Pinball, 1973
Hear the Wind Sing and Pinball, 1973 by Haruki Murakami
5. The Dark Forest
The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth’s Past, #2) by Liu Cixin

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Good luck with your remaining 9 reads Santiago & happy reading!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Hi Santiago welcome again. I think you are off to a great start. Will you be joining any of our challenges to help you read your remaining nine books?. I wish you the best in your reading adventure this year.

message 4: by Santiago (new)

Santiago Peña | 7 comments Blagica wrote: "Hi Santiago welcome again. I think you are off to a great start. Will you be joining any of our challenges to help you read your remaining nine books?. I wish you the best in your reading adventure..."

Thank you for your wishes, sure I will participate on the book challenges.

message 5: by Santiago (new)

Santiago Peña | 7 comments Kristin wrote: "Good luck, Santiago! I noticed that you recommended The Three-Body Problem to someone on our Give/Get a Recommendation Thread. It must be good! The book description didn't really strike my fancy, b..."

I really recommend that book to you, It's a trilogy, and I'm crazy for reading the two remaining books. Maybe it has a little of physics concepts but this makes the book even more interesting.

The other two books are really different with each other, the first "El poder de la decencia" it's a book written by a candidate to the presidency of my country, Colombia, he exposes his proposals and his experiences as a mayor and governor, it's interesting if you like to know a little about politics in my country.
Breakfast at Tiffany's has a central topic and it's around it's fancy main character, I saw the movie inspired on that book, and thought I could reproduce that experience reading the book and so it was.

message 6: by Santiago (new)

Santiago Peña | 7 comments Update - 4th Book:
I started to read this book on 2016 and didn't finished it. So basically I had to re read all the book again, but I remembered all the things I liked about it.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 8: by Santiago (new)

Santiago Peña | 7 comments Update - 5th Book
It was a really captivating book, I've read it in 4 days! . You feel imprisoned by it's characters and the world in which they are involved. Basically, you're an habitant of the future in the search of the humanity redemption.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!