History, Medicine, and Science: Nonfiction and Fiction discussion

Book Club > Monthly Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Just Another Reader (wordsandpages) | 2 comments To motivate everyone to share and discover new books on history, medicine, and science (both fiction and nonfiction) and to engage members in this group, I encourage everyone to recommend and vote for at least four books to be read in August. The deadline to recommend and vote will be at the end of the month. The four books that will get the highest votes will then be the "official" list for "August Reading Challenge."

message 2: by Esther (new)

Esther | 3 comments I would like to recommend The Demon Under the Microscope: From Battlefield Hospitals to Nazi Labs, One Doctor's Heroic Search for the World's First Miracle Drug

If you listen to audio book, you can get this book today on Audible for $3.95

message 3: by Just Another Reader (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:08AM) (new)

Just Another Reader (wordsandpages) | 2 comments Esther wrote: "I would like to recommend The Demon Under the Microscope: From Battlefield Hospitals to Nazi Labs, One Doctor's Heroic Search for the World's First Miracle Drug

If you listen to audi..."

Thank you for sharing, Esther! Added it to my personal to-read list. (I just hope the moderators of this group will let me create a poll so we can already add this book.)

I don't listen to audiobooks anymore because I always fall asleep in less than 15 minutes!

message 4: by Esther (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:18AM) (new)

Esther | 3 comments Just Another Reader wrote: "Esther wrote: "I would like to recommend The Demon Under the Microscope: From Battlefield Hospitals to Nazi Labs, One Doctor's Heroic Search for the World's First Miracle Drug

If you..."

I am a slow reader and I don't have much time to do the actual "reading". I drive one hour round trip between home and work everyday and I've found I can cover a lot more books by listening while I am driving.