Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Looking for a Project? > Zodiac Shifters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emy (last edited Mar 17, 2018 05:52PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5033 comments Zodiac Shifters
Series page: https://www.goodreads.com/series/2052...

Seems to be a loose multi-author series. If someone can verify if all the titles on the "Author" are in the series, then the author needs to be posted in the Staff thread - it won't delete automatically because of the followers, but it's also not a valid author.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments All the books associated with that "author" all say "Zodiac Shifters" on the cover, so I think it's kosher to delete. I'd post that in the employee thread, if you haven't already...

message 3: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5033 comments Listing the Author now.

Do you think that the "series" is more of an imprint then?

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments It's a shared universe, so it's a legit series. It's just not a legit author. My guess is one of the authors in the series made the fake author page as a way of linking them all together. Series with multiple authors don't appear on author profiles on GR, for whatever reason. Or at least that was a true a few years ago. Maybe that's been fixed since, I dunno, but it means sometimes authors do weird things like creating author profiles of series names in the hopes that the series will appear the way they want it to on their profiles.

message 5: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5033 comments Still don't last I looked - particularly annoying with single author series which begin with a short story in an anthology :/