What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Adopted Then Rejected

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Jul 29, 2018 02:32PM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments I want books where sombody adopts a child (any age is acceptable) then later comes to regret the adoption and send the child back.

All POV'S are accepted as well as fiction and none-fiction.

Spoiler Warning

Example

Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China
When Beth Nonte Russell travels to China to help her friend Alex adopt a baby girl from an orphanage there, she thinks it will be an adventure, a chance to see the world. But her friend, who had prepared for the adoption for many months, panics soon after being presented with the frail baby, and the situation develops into one of the greatest challenges of Russell's life.
Russell, watching in disbelief as Alex distances herself from the child, cares for the baby -- clothing, bathing, and feeding her -- and makes her feel secure in the unfamiliar surroundings. Russell is overwhelmed and disoriented by the unfolding drama and all that she sees in China, and yet amid the emotional turmoil finds herself deeply bonding with the child.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

message 3: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Aug 20, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Rosa wrote: "And Ruby Holler."

Thanks, but no thanks, Rosa.

Spoiler Warning

I know that the twins have been adopted many times and then returned for various reasons, often by fault of the adopters, but I feel like that was more of a foster to adopt situation. Tiller and Sairy Morey take the twins in because they want children to accompany on their camping trip (their kids are now adults) The Morey's fully intended to send the twins back to the orphanage after the trip was over. Predictably near the end the elderly couple have grown attach to children and decide to adopt them.

Spoiler ending

The whole book wasn't very legal.

I want books that have an MC who was legally adopted and after a certain amount of time was given up by their new adoptive parent(s) Or it can be about an adult MC who adopted then later came to regret the adoption and sent the kid back.

I don't want anybody whose thinking about getting rid of the kid then ultimately keeping the kid in the end. No! I want them to actually give the kid away.

This a sad, but true thing that sometimes happens in adoption.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4997 comments Does this also rule out The Language of Flowers?

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Rosa wrote: "Does this also rule out The Language of Flowers?"

Yes. I thought that you might recommend it.

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1078 comments A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz qualifies. A Drowned Maiden's Hair

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Pamela wrote: "A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz qualifies. A Drowned Maiden's Hair"

Huh. I guess the book does count (view spoiler) I have already read it thank you.

message 8: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited May 16, 2018 08:41AM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Found anther one. Dustbin Baby (view spoiler)

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Bump*

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4997 comments Cara's Craftastic Creations wrote: "Rosa wrote: "And Ruby Holler."

Spoiler Warning

I know that the twins have been adopted many times and then returned for various reasons, often by fault..."

How is it legal to return an adopted kid?

message 11: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Aug 20, 2018 04:21PM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Rosa wrote: "Cara's Craftastic Creations wrote: "Rosa wrote: "And Ruby Holler."

Spoiler Warning

I know that the twins have been adopted many times and then returned..."

I don't know the details (hence the thread I was looking for ideas)
I think that the adoptive parents go to court and have their parental rights terminated. Similar to giving up a child for adoption...Or back up for adoption?

In Life Is Short (No Pun Intended): Love, Laughter, and Learning to Enjoy Every Moment While trying to adopt their "little" children the author mentions how another couple adopted a special needs child and couldn't handle her both financially and emotionally so they ended up giving her back to social services.

There was also a story in the news eight years ago about a woman in America who returned her adopted son back to Russia, alone.

Here's a link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
There have also been news stories about many families who adopted children from over-seas (usually from countries that were "behind the Iron Curtain" where they received little to no attention after being put in the orphanage which leads to a lot of physical and mental issues. There are whole underground movements where the parents just take the kids and give them up, never checking back to see what happened to them. Which, in a lot of the cases was the kids were put into various illegal activities--a lot of child prostitution and being taught how to steal etc. But especially the prostitution.

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "There have also been news stories about many families who adopted children from over-seas (usually from countries that were "behind the Iron Curtain" where they received little to no attention afte..."

So sad. 😭

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Bump*

message 15: by Karen (last edited Dec 12, 2019 01:29PM) (new)

Karen | 6 comments Can it be non-fiction?
The Trouble with Alex by Melanie Allen
They do remain legally Alex's parents but state that they want her removed from their home.

Cara's Craftsations | 1634 comments Karen wrote: "Can it be non-fiction?
The Trouble with Alex by Melanie Allen
They do remain legally Alex's parents but state that they want her removed from their home."

Non-fiction Is great! I didn't know of any books like this despite hearing about this in real life. Thank you.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)