Torment (Fallen, #2) Torment discussion

Can I read this after watching the movie?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if, after watching the Fallen movie, I could go straight to Torment without too much trouble?

I am impatient to see what happens next in the story, and having to wait through a reading of the first book events that were presumably depicted in the movie seems unappealing. However, I know movies can sometimes drastically alter book stories so I'm curious how much the Fallen movie changes things.

I am completely fine with movies removing things from the book for time, it's inevitable and I can pick that missing stuff up via context as I go forward, but if the movie straight up alters events or plot that would obviously be a problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mary Read the first book, trust me. In my opinion, the movie sucked. I was so excited for it and when I actually got to watch the movie, it disappointed me to no ends.
It's more magical when you read it. Also, you should at least know what was altered and what was left out in the movie so you can appreciate the series more.

message 3: by Jack (last edited Mar 21, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

Jack I enjoyed the movie (I guess that's obvious since I'm here asking the question heh) but I can certainly believe the book is better since they usually are.

So you think the differences between the two are enough that I'd be lost reading Torment?

GoofyWalrus854 Hi just jumping in here...

I'd personally read Fallen before Torment, as I feel like the movie didn't do the characters development justice. The actors in my mind didn't fit my vision of the characters in the book (but that's probably the same for most movie to book adaptations). I thought the movie was a flop in all honesty but if you liked it enough to want to follow the adventure then great! But I wouldn't say you would be missing any serious plot developments that weren't touched in the film if you decided to bypass Fallen.

Hope this helped!
:)

message 5: by Jack (new)

Jack I mean, I wouldn't rate the movie as amazing or anything and it's certainly a smaller production film, but I had fun watching it.

Thanks for your help, both of you, I'll start with the first book.