What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Bookshelf Labelling

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige | 605 comments So I'm trying to come up with a label for a shelf of books that I read when I was a very young child (Ex: Strega Nona, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, The Lorax, The Velveteen Rabbit, etc.). These are books that in some cases had been read to me before, but I then read myself. I want to shelf them so I can remember my favorites for gift giving and charity giving. I read plenty of books when I was a kid (The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson, Number the Stars, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, etc.), and I want to remember those too, but I was definitely at two different stages as a reader/child when I read those. Anyone have any idea how I could label/shelve these two sets of books I read as a kid? Anyone else have similar labelling issues?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 606 comments something like:
favorite childhood books
recommend as gifts

could work

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige | 605 comments Thank you for replying, but the problem with that is that I was equally a child when I read Strega Nona and The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. I was at two stages as a child/reader when I read them though. And just as I would gladly give Strega Nona to a friend on their child's third birthday, or be sure to include it when building a bookshelf for charity, I would do the same with The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. I need to separate them somehow though.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 18, 2018 04:02PM) (new)

Kris | 33468 comments Mod
Hmm, looks like Goodreads removed searching with multiple labels/shelves from our bookshelves. Otherwise, I would have suggested something like this:

- Gift ideas [so you could combine it with, say, Gift ideas + Mystery]
- Childrens picture books [Kids picture...]
- Childrens chapter books

I notice you like short labels. How about...?

- Gifts: Picture books
- Gifts: Chapter books

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige | 605 comments That could work.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33468 comments Mod
Oops. Actually, you can still filter your Goodreads bookshelf using 1-3 tags/labels (e.g., read + mystery + young adult). But you don't see the select multiple link at the bottom of your shelf until you first select one tag/label.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 03, 2018 11:29AM) (new)

Maybe one shelf could be titled "very young readers" or "preschool books", and the other one could be something like "middle readers" or "elementary chapter books"?

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige | 605 comments I like the Very Young and Middle labels.