The Post Card Exchange discussion

Postcard Pals of a different sort...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deana (last edited Mar 16, 2018 04:48AM) (new)

Deana (ablotial) | 89 comments I collect postcards, but I strongly prefer them to be stamped and written. However, of course when I'm buying cards to send to others, I often find MANY that I really love and would love to receive myself, so I buy them, but now they are just sitting around unwritten and sad in boxes. Often these are from postcard books, but sometimes they are just beautiful scenery from locations I visit on my travels.

If this sounds like you, maybe we can arrange the following...

I will send you a package of some of my favorite cards. In exchange, you send me a package of your favorites. Maybe we start with 10 or 20 to be sure it works out. Then, I'll send you one of your cards (written and stamped of course!). And when you receive it (or we could agree to just send one every Friday or something), you send me back one of mine. Then we know the cards we receive we'll absolutely love! We could choose to write about some particular topic every time (books we're reading?) or just write about life like a "regular" penpal.

Since this involves sending away some of my FAVORITE cards to a stranger, I am going to be a little picky about who I accept... I want to be sure I'll get them back eventually. So I'm going to check your comment history in this group and favor people who have reliably participated in multiple exchanges. Feel free to check my history as well (I used to be a lot more active than I am now, but you should still be able to see my past participation in the comment history).

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you.

message 2: by Tia Marie (new)

Tia Marie (tiamarienededog) | 170 comments I'd like to participate with you. I have a few that are just sitting in a box. I don't have very many anymore, since I have the same issue. To help solve my problem, my husband suggested that I take as many as I can when we go on vacation and mail myself one with a memory of the day. Before we leave the location I'd buy one and list the places we visited in that city.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 27 comments Hi Deana, i think that is just a bright idea! Please email me with some info and such. Thanks much!

message 4: by Deana (new)

Deana (ablotial) | 89 comments Tia - Yes, I've started doing that as well while on vacation, either sending a card to myself or my toddler most days. I've even started to do something fun where I get people I meet on my travels to write something or autograph a card -- the awesome waiter we had, the random couple we met when we went out for drinks, etc. Can be kind of fun. But honestly most of the cards are just beautiful or funny cards from postcard books I got online, not travel ones.

PMs on the way to both of you :)

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Morford | 25 comments That’s so cool you write to your kiddo! My mom always wrote to me. She’s gone now, but I still get to see her handwriting and read about times she was happy or planning something, which is lovely and I count myself fortunate.
I also have a lot of cards. Sometimes I send myself cards from places where I want the cancellation stamp from or to remind myself about a moment on the trip.
Otherwise, some go in my journals or I save them for a bookbinding project.

message 6: by J (new)

J Ruth (jowenahruth) | 49 comments hi im in!