YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > Guess the Book from the Quote!!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
What happens is that the first person posts a quote and then you have to guess what book the quote has come from. The first person who's right posts the next quote and so on :)

Here's an easy one:

"Pain demands to be felt."

message 2: by Selma (new)

Selma The Fault In Our Stars

"If your eyes could speak, what would they say?"

message 3: by Bridget (new)

Bridget I haven't read the book yet but isn't that a quote from The Book Thief?

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

message 5: by Selma (new)

Selma Bridget wrote: "I haven't read the book yet but isn't that a quote from The Book Thief?"

Correct!

message 6: by Selma (new)

Selma Harry Potter?

"Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up."

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Yeah. Divergent? or one of the Divergent Novels?
"'These pants are far too heavy. Why are you so partial to jeans?' he asked, remembering my request from my very first day in the palace.
I shrugged. 'I just like them.'"

message 8: by Selma (new)

Selma The Selection :)

"The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed."

message 9: by Bridget (new)

Bridget The One to be specific but yes. City of Bones?
“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”

message 10: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (stravi99) | 33 comments Sweet Evil or Sweet Peril, not sure which one, but it's one of them.

"'Don’t ask me. I’m not a psychotic maniac.' He paused. 'Well, not as much of a psychotic maniac.'"

message 11: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) The Eternity Cure.
"If that's what you need, that's what you need.Never let anyone talk you out of it, even me".

message 12: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Sasha wrote: "Sweet Evil or Sweet Peril, not sure which one, but it's one of them.

"'Don’t ask me. I’m not a psychotic maniac.' He paused. 'Well, not as much of a psychotic maniac.'""

It is a quote from the second book in the Vampire Academy series, Frostbite. But there might be something similar in one of the books you guessed.

message 13: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Lissette wrote: "The Eternity Cure.
"If that's what you need, that's what you need.Never let anyone talk you out of it, even me"."

Is it Alice in Zombieland?

message 14: by Bridget (new)

Bridget "Life is a train, get on board."

message 15: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Bridget wrote: "Lissette wrote: "The Eternity Cure.
"If that's what you need, that's what you need.Never let anyone talk you out of it, even me"."

Is it Alice in Zombieland?"

yes it is, good job.

message 16: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments “I’d said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.”

message 17: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Blood promise By Richelle Mead. VA series.

message 18: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments Lissette wrote: "Blood promise By Richelle Mead. VA series."

you are correct

message 19: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments “How long was I asleep?" she whispered. He didn't respond.
"How long was I asleep?" she asked again, and noticed a hint of red in his cheeks.
"You were asleep, too?"
"Until you began drooling on my shoulder.”

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly | 17 comments Krystal wrote: "“How long was I asleep?" she whispered. He didn't respond.
"How long was I asleep?" she asked again, and noticed a hint of red in his cheeks.
"You were asleep, too?"
"Until you began drooling on..."

Throne of Glass!!! My equal favourite series of all time!... It is, isn't it?

message 21: by Molly (new)

Molly | 17 comments here is an easy one...
"Becoming fearless isn't the point. Thats impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it."

message 22: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments yes it is Molly

message 23: by Molly (new)

Molly | 17 comments Krystal wrote: "yes it is Molly"

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!

message 24: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments Molly wrote: "here is an easy one...
"Becoming fearless isn't the point. Thats impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.""

its Divergent

message 25: by Molly (new)

Molly | 17 comments Krystal wrote: "Molly wrote: "here is an easy one...
"Becoming fearless isn't the point. Thats impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.""

its Divergent"

Yes!

message 26: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments "You’ll never be just anything. A tsunami can never be ‘just’ a wave.”
“Get off my chin.”
“I like that about you. Waves are banal. Tsunamis reshape the Earth. Under the right circumstances, even entire civilizations.”
I blink.
“You’re going to be one hell of a woman one day"

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 18, 2014 02:55PM) (new)

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

message 28: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments You are correct Missy

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Krystal wrote: "You are correct Missy"

Awesome! :)

message 30: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments Missy wrote: "Iced by Karen Marie Moning

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.""

Winnie the Pooh

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Krystal wrote: "Missy wrote: "Iced by Karen Marie Moning

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.""

Winni..."

You are right, Krystal! :)

message 32: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments Yay!

“How can this be your car?
Well, I wrote a really big check that didn’t bounce to the dealer and then the most amazing thing happened…the salesman gave me the keys and let me take it home. It was like magic."

message 33: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

message 34: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (misslady022) | 145 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon?"

Yes you are correct Elizabeth

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather | 368 comments Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas?

message 37: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) i loved that book, can't wait for ps: i still love you.
"i want to capture this, all this beauty,i want to connect, i want you to see everything the way it is before while you're here"