What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Swan Song
This topic is about Swan Song
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Dystopian, most, if not all people wake up with a full head mask on, it cannot be removed, eventually they come off & people are beautiful [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by fairyrust (new) - added it

fairyrust (goodreadscomfairyrust) | 3 comments I think this was a dual authorship but can't remember who. A young girl is the protagonist. She travels with her father and meets up with interesting characters along the way. This young girls mask was bigger & heavier than others. I've been trying to find this for a few years now, any help will be more than appreciated!

message 3: by fairyrust (new) - added it

fairyrust (goodreadscomfairyrust) | 3 comments I'm adding Swan Song to my list of books to read but it isn't the book I'm looking for based on the synopsis.
A big part of my unknown book is the masks, how did they come to be on everyone and why could they not get them off.
I did remember something else, as the masks came off, there was 1 woman who was fighting & her face was slashed, she was very happy to have a scar on her face, it seems she wasn't comfortable with the beauty supplied by the mysterious mask.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Or when was it published?
Children's, YA, or adult?
Remember the cover?
Author female or male?

kelgar01 | 183 comments I'm still thinking Swan Song. The nuclear war causes people to have warts on their faces that grow into huge masks. Swan's mask is awful and the first to crack and come off, revealing her true beauty. Sister, one of the other women, ends up with getting cut, and says something about not being meant to be beautiful. People who are "bad" reveal monsterous faces when their masks fall off.

message 6: by fairyrust (new) - added it

fairyrust (goodreadscomfairyrust) | 3 comments kelgar01
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I looked further into Swan's Song - Job's Mask - this is where I got the mask from. It's been so many years since I read it & I could only remember snippets but the book I have been trying to remember is definitely Swan Song, time to re-read it :)

kelgar01 | 183 comments You're welcome! Glad I could help :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Swan Song (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert R. McCammon (other topics)