Horror Aficionados discussion

Figures Unseen: Selected Stories
This topic is about Figures Unseen
New Releases > Figures Unseen by Steve Rasnic Tem

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Available Apr. 17 - pre-order now! FIGURES UNSEEN is a collection of 35 of Steve Rasnic Tem's best tales, spanning his 40 year career, personally selected by the author and introduced by Simon Strantzas. No reader of contemporary horror or weird fiction will want to miss this one! Read this volume and you'll discover why Dan Simmons calls Tem "one of the finest writers of imaginative literature in North America" and Joe R. Lansdale says Tem is "a school of writing unto himself."

description

Book Description

In the worlds of Steve Rasnic Tem a father takes his son “fishing” in the deepest part of downtown, flayed rabbits visit a suburban back yard, a man is haunted by a surrealistic nightmare of crutches, a father is unable to rescue his son from a nightmare of trees, a bereaved man transforms memories of his wife into performance art, great moving cliffs of detritus randomly prowl the world, a seemingly pointless life finds final expression in bits of folded paper, a nuclear holocaust brings about a new mythology, an isolated man discovers he’s part of a terrifying community, a photographer discovers the unexpected in the faces of dead children, and a couple’s aging dismantles reality.

Winner of the World Fantasy, British Fantasy and Bram Stoker Awards, Tem has earned a reputation as one of the finest and most original short fiction writers of our time, blending elements of horror, dark fantasy, science fiction and surreal nightmare into a genre uniquely his own.

Now available:

Hardcover
Website | Amazon US | Amazon UK
Paperback
eBook

message 2: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Petry (bpetry) | 22 comments Oh wow, thank you Valancourt for putting this out, very excited to read this.

Char  | 13703 comments Mod
I'm excited about this one too.

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Davis (hajasonrdavis) | 11 comments After just recently finishing Deadfall Hotel, I would enjoy checking this out. I hadn't realized he has had such a long career. I'll have to look for more of his work.