Horror Aficionados discussion

Lists & Reading Challenges > Oldest book on your "to read" shelf challenge -read it or delete it?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ninetailedkat (new)

Ninetailedkat | 60 comments I decided to create my own personal challenge but thought I would see how the rest of the group deals with those forgotton books at the bottom of our lists. I set a goal for myself that a minimum of every two months I have to go to the bottom of my "to read" list and select whatever book it is and start reading. I am always amazed at what I put on this list then forgot about because I have added so many books!!

Mine is an old book club selection by someone in our group that never seemed to make the cut. Not a horror book, but none the less I will read it: Big Breasts and Wide Hips by Mo Yan. Not sure it is something I am going to like but I got it from the library and I will let you know!

So go check your lists...what is the last/oldest book and will you read it or delete it?

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 756 comments I have a lot of books on my list. I'm reading three books right now.

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 756 comments Ted Klein's The Ceremonies

message 4: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) Robert McCammon’s ‘Mine’, added in Nov ‘16. Will definitely read soon!

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 147 comments The Killing Kind by Bryan Smith

I will read this one, eventually.

message 6: by Anne (w/ an E) (last edited Mar 15, 2018 11:50AM) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 747 comments Nature Girl (added in 2012) and it is available on Overdrive, so even though I have realized that all of his books are basically the same. I plan to read it after I reach my goal for reading the books I own.

message 7: by Erie (last edited May 10, 2018 05:53PM) (new)

Erie (eerienight) | 56 comments World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

I'm adding it to my "what to read next shelf". Thanks! ;)