Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > looking for a beta reader

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Cohen (caitlin_cohen) | 3 comments (Originally posted as free but have since decided to offer payment.)

A young woman quits her job as a financial advisor and goes to live with her artist aunt in Belize for 3 months so she can take a break and "learn how to be normal" but gets a little more than she bargained for. Tone is humorous/self-deprecating.

Some language concerning substance abuse but nothing too angsty.

Genre is women's fiction/contemporary/humor with a little action/adventure and romance thrown in. 81k words.

This is my first novel and it's on its 3rd draft.

Please respond with rates! Thank you!

message 2: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Strader | 10 comments I'm sending you a message:)

message 3: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Gibson | 49 comments Hi!
If you still need a beta reader I’d be really interested in reading for you!! PM me if you are interested,
Tabitha x

message 4: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments Hi Caitlin,

I charge $0.75/1k words for the first 80,000, and $1.00/1k words above that. So for an 81k word manuscript, it's $61.

If you are interested, please PM me or email me at cimone.watson1@gmail.com.

message 5: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (savannah_indie) | 1 comments Hello, Caitlin.

I am interested in being your beta reader. My rate is $40 and my schedulle is light these weeks so let me know if you're up for business.

My email is savannah.indie@gmail.com

message 6: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Baril | 25 comments I'm a professional editor, specializing in fiction. I'd be happy to have a look at your book.

I could do a quick beta read for $200 CAD that would offer a macro examination of plot, characters and major issues.

If you're interested in an actual substantive edit, that's much more time consuming and detailed and would cost about $800.

Cheers,
Tim Baril

http://www.timothybaril.com/editing-s...

tim@timothybaril.com

Member of Editors Canada
http://www.editors.ca/directory/tim-b...

message 7: by TKSelbach13 (last edited Jul 30, 2019 06:37PM) (new)

TKSelbach13 | 90 comments I have been working as an independent freelance editor for about 8 years. My clients have been very pleased with my work thus far and would certainly be happy to provide recommendations if needed.

I recently achieved my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, as well as accomplished a Study Abroad program with a focus in writing. I can provide a high attention to detail, the ability to think outside of the box, and an enthusiastic attitude that clients will find quite appealing.

Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing
Experience: 8 years of Beta Reading, 2 years of commission work
Rates: $0.05 per word.
Turnaround: 1-3 months

$5 – 100 words
$50 – 1,000 words
$500 – 10,000 words
$5000 – 100,000 words