The Quick The Quick discussion

Plot twist or no plot twist? Or did I miss the point?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tash (last edited Jul 24, 2014 09:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tash Dahling I've read reviews that were very careful to not reveal the "twist" in this tale. Well, I've finished it and it was hardly The Sixth Sense of plot twists.
And did anyone else get the sense they'd just read half a book? Where's the rest of it? Is there meant to be a sequel?
For a gothic horror novel, it just left far too many questions unanswered. Not impressed.

Hannah (jellicoereads) I agree, the plot twist really wasn't much of a twist at all. For me, it took far too long to get going as well. I was quite disappointed.

Tiffany That was supposed to be a plot twist?

Tash Dahling Apparently it was being sold as some sort of twisty thing. To be honest I thought the twist might have been more "relationship" related. But even that went nowhere.
And the writing was so dense, with so much information that lead to nothing.

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Aug 20, 2014 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melissa I have heard there is a sequel in the works.

message 6: by Dena (new) - added it

Dena Huff I actually enjoyed the first part of the book, and had no idea the "twist" was coming. I was a little annoyed at first as it was not what I was expecting and I don't typically enjoy that sort of thing. I did, however, enjoy the rest of the book. I thought it petered out at the end, but overall thought it was a good read.

Debi Van Zandt I was very underwhelmed. The writing was quite nice, but I just felt annoyed about half way through it, and gave it back to the library unfinished. I hardly EVER do that.

Salamanderinspace I liked the book, but I knew the twist going into it as someone spoiled it for me. I think it must be better knowing what to expect.