Support for Indie Authors discussion

Physical Book Publishing > Weird spacing in CreateSpace template

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Buehrer There's got to be a simple way to fix this. I'm using the CreateSpace formatted template for my novel, and about halfway through, I start running into some strange spacing at around the last line of each chapter. It starts dong things like this.
And this.
If I try to backspace the spaces, it treats the gap as if it were one space. This is something I've seen happen in Word before, but I don't know how to solve it. Some help would be great. :)

message 2: by G.G. (last edited Mar 14, 2018 08:11AM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments I believe it has something to do with the 'page break' (and maybe
where you put it.)
I don't see your example. Do you mean like the words are all spaced out to fill the line?
I know it happens while writing too. I usually go back on the line, backspace at the last word (it usually fixes it) and then well I don't remember if you need to put a space after the period or remove it to make it work.
If it does it with page break it's the same. Try changing the page break, either at the end of the sentence or on next line. Sorry for not being clearer, I do it automatically without thinking. I used to have to reload a save version before I found that trick.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments If you put your cursor at the end of the last word's punctuation and hit return, it will take that problem away.

message 4: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Buehrer Thanks! (You guessed right...my formatting didn't come through in the comment.) I figured it out.