What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Blood Thirst (Charleston Vampire Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Blood Thirst
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Woman on assignment in South Carolina(?) is attacked by a man who turns out to be a vampire. She's rescued from a sinking car. Guy helps her transition into a vampire, nicknames her Angel/Anjul? She wants revenge. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa | 7 comments I’m looking for a book that I read in the early/mid 90s (book came out late 80s early 90s). It’s about a woman on assignment in ?South Carolina? and she’s attacked by a man who turns out to be a vampire. She goes unconscious and awakens in her car as it sinks under water. An old black man rescues her and he turns out to be a vampire too. He takes her in and helps her as she transitions into a vampire. The first part of the book focuses on her transformation and desire for revenge. The old black man was made a vampire when he was a slave and he refers to her as Angel. It spelled, I think, Anjul as he’s from the Deep South. I’m sorry for a cruddy description but I don’t want to give spoilers. Please help.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic Header - not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
You are encouraged to post spoilers in the body of your posts, just not in the header.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Lisa, I added plot details to the topic header/title. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Lisa | 7 comments Ok. Genre: I’d have to go with Suspense/Thriller/Fantasy

The old black man that helped her change lived in the swamp they slept in coffins under the floorboards of the shed he lived in. These people attacked them one night and she took a stake to the heart, nearly killing her. He always referred to her as Angel (spelled Ainjul or Anjul in the book) She was unconscious for a while and when she woke she was permanently scarred because her transformation wasn’t complete at the time. The old black man lied to her about the original vampire that bit her and he was actually a good guy who was related to her waaay down through the family tree. He had actually stalked her all his life keeping her safe. Oh! And her fangs came up from the bottom of her mouth and she changed a dog into a vampire!

Lisa | 7 comments And, if memory is serving me correct, he had an ummmm relationship with his sister that resulted in a baby that died right after birth.

Lisa | 7 comments I found it! Blood Thirst by L.A. Freed!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Lisa. Here's the link - Blood Thirst by L.A. Freed.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blood Thirst (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.A. Freed (other topics)