Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Gården ved Ki-Chi-Saga (Utvandrerne #3, part 1 of 2)
This topic is about Gården ved Ki-Chi-Saga
Serieses! > Corrections 3

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Mar 13, 2018 01:38PM) (new) - added it

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments dd to this series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/6142...

Sequence in series: Book 3, part 1 of 2

add ISBN-13: 978-82-525-0422-4

published: 1972

page count per my copy: 228 (last page unnumbered)

message 2: by Lieke (last edited Apr 04, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

Lieke | 2347 comments If I understand correct the series numbering is the same as the french and danish. I saw a seperate listing for the danish series and added it as a comment to the other series for now.
This will take some time, I just saw the french have two different numberings...
I did the corrections to your book.

Will continue this another time, or someone else can take a look :)

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments This is all base on misunderstandings.

There are four - 4 - books. Moberg never wrote 6 or 8 books in this series.

There, one series is all there should be, with subdivisions as needed when some publishers have decided to subdivide some or all of these four books.

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 2347 comments I saw that there where originally 4 books, but I have seen it before that different numberings had their own series to keep a better overview. But I'll first try to get the right books together, because that is a mess.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Yes, it's a mess. Look into that first. Things will be clearer after that.

For instance, look up the Danish Wikipedia article for Moberg's series. It clearly states that there are four books.

The Norwegian book club edition has subdivided each of the four, and to add numbered the 8 volumes 1-8 on the fust jacket spines. Still, they're clearly four books, each published in two parts.