Audiobooks discussion

Announcements > They're baaaaack

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Enough said. Details coming soon.

message 2: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3259 comments Not enough said! ;) Should we be all EARS for this announcement?!

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 97 comments :)

message 4: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Jeanie wrote: "Not enough said! ;) Should we be all EARS for this announcement?!"

I don't know. . .you'll have to listen and pay attention :-D

message 5: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (last edited Mar 23, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Please visit the "Polls" link to let me know your interest in the 2018 EAR awards.

For those who were around in 2016, the EAR awards were a blast. I provided links to listen to clips and then we would vote. Each day over 24 days I featured a new category. Voting did not shut down each day you have the opportunity to vote on any category up to the closing of the overall voting period--about 3 days after the last category was posted. Sample polls should be below this one.

Then we had an award show featuring members presenting the nominees and the award winners. Check out the show:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It was a lot of work, so I want to measure interest before I commit. Let me know what you think.

message 6: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1951 comments The page not found books are interesting but don't think that link is working.

message 7: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments MissSusie wrote: "The page not found books are interesting but don't think that link is working."

I've corrected the link. Try again.

message 8: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1951 comments Works now thanks Grumpus! Sounds like fun!

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Yaaaaayyyyyy! I'm in, if you do it! Let me know what I can do to help.

message 10: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3259 comments It was a blast last time... looking forward to another round this year! And I'll have plenty of time to buy my ball gown for the red carpet! ;P Let's get that champagne on ice! As I recall, there was some interesting partying going on... just hope I find the right after-party this time! ;)

message 11: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 474 comments Hmmm, only 7 responses to the poll. We only had 30-40 that participated in the daily voting for the awards last time. I was hoping for 75-100 active participants this time. I'll give it another week to see if there is additional interest. As you can see from the preceding comments, it was a lot of fun. So, pease vote on the poll if you are interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/5...

message 12: by Dan (new)

Dan (ermahderd) | 83 comments voted somewhat likely, but chances are I'd vote. Only constraint is that I don't always keep up w email and I don't log in here every day. So long as I have time to catch up and get in to vote, I'll vote