What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sally
This topic is about Sally
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Woman thinks she's dying, hires a Hitman on herself, then learns she isn't dying and hires a detective to stop the Hitman. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie Conine | 39 comments woman thinks she's dying, hires a Hitman on herself, then learns she isn't dying and hires a detective to stop the Hitman

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie Conine | 39 comments set in modern times, read it probably about 1990

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 277 comments Don't know about a book, but this sounds a lot like a plot of a movie I saw on TV in the 1970s or early 1980s. In the movie, it was a man, not a woman. Maybe it was based on said book.

message 4: by Bargle (last edited Mar 13, 2018 02:26PM) (new)

Bargle | 1171 comments That was "The Face of Fear" with Elizabeth Ashley and Ricardo Montalban. Adapted from "Sally" by E.V. Cunningham.

message 5: by Amanda (last edited Mar 13, 2018 07:50PM) (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Sally by E.V. Cunningham for bargle's suggestion, looks like same plot

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 277 comments Bargle, what a great memory you have!

message 7: by Bargle (last edited Mar 29, 2018 02:23PM) (new)

Bargle | 1171 comments Sandra wrote: "Bargle, what a great memory you have!"

Thanks. That one has always stuck with me for some reason.

ETA: Link to the movie's page at the IMDb.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067078/...

ETA2: For some reason, Ricardo Montalban's performance always stuck with me. All I have have to do is look up up his acting credits if I can't think of the movie name.

message 8: by Connie (new)

Connie Conine | 39 comments Sally it is. I used to read a lot of Howard Fast so that's probably why it landed in my reading pile.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sally (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

E.V. Cunningham (other topics)