Christian Readers discussion

Discipleship > "When Did God Remove The Wickedness From Sin?"

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1764 comments Mod
This takes an interesting look at a modern day "word-changing" trend. Does this trend expose something?

Is "SIN" and being a "SINNER" more acceptable and/or better than being "VILE" a "WRETCH" or a "WORM" ?

Click below for a FREE PDF study (one page, double-sided, tri-fold):
http://www.Christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

Our ministry site offers many FREE resources, visit us at:
www.Christ-like.net

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Queen | 75 comments Nothing anyone can do about sin that Jesus has not already done.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Chris wrote: "Nothing anyone can do about sin that Jesus has not already done."

So true. But why do Christians seem to feel better about being a "sinner" than a "wretch" or a "worm"? Why do some think that these hymns need to be re-written? Does this reflect anything?

message 4: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 614 comments ! Is there a difference between a sinner and a Vile a Wretch or a Worm?

2 That is what I hear from the preachers that Jesus has already done it all. Ingrown toe nails, every bodies sin He took to the cross, He went to hell already for everybody, bore everybodies sickness, He made it joyful for every body, This is a lie because it is up to the individual, up close and personal, physical, drawn and chosen, Jesus death has nothing to do with a persons sin. It has nothing to do with Love, but becoming righteous. EXCEPT you have to believe in what He did, when He was on the earth. I believed in healing in my heart, when it triggered the Spirit in Genesis to give me a new heart. St John 14: 11 "Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake." also 10 :37-38 Ezekiel 36:26-27

message 5: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: Ingrown toe nails, every bodies sin He took to the cross..."

1 John 2:2 - "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

My response: You are in need of some serious help. Take your complaint up with God. Your problem is with Him!

message 6: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Sounds like you two are both Arminians. Whew! That's a relief- you won't be attending a Calvinistic church any time soon. I'm safe for now. Enjoy.

message 7: by Robert (last edited Mar 14, 2018 06:14AM) (new)

Rod wrote: "Sounds like you two are both Arminians. Whew! That's a relief- you won't be attending a Calvinistic church any time soon. I'm safe for now. Enjoy."

My response: NOT ME! I am a Bible believer ! (Not Calvinist... Not Arminianist)

I read the Bible and BELIEVE what it says. That is why I rely on Scripture... but you rely on your favorite teacher to affirm what you WANT to believe...

2 Timothy 4:3 - "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers , having itching ears;"

message 8: by Robert (new)

So Rod, are you a Bible believer or a believer of the doctrines of your favorite teachers?

message 9: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle The Bible is a very very large book. Few fully grasp it. Only a fool generally claims to have it all figured out on their own.

The best thing is: we keep learning about it as we grow. Do you grow Robert? Do you not learn from others? Do you know more today than you did a year ago? Do you not learn from the Saints of history? Why not? Has the Holy Spirit not taught them? Or used them to translate?

Should I never learn from YOU? Should no one learn from you? Okay then.

message 10: by Robert (new)

Rod wrote: "Should I never learn from YOU? Should no one learn from you? Okay then. ..."

My response: ONLY IF YOU...

Acts 17:11 - "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily , whether those things were so."

You should ONLY learn from ANYONE after you SEARCH the BIBLE to see if they are speaking the truth.

After all, the Bereans were COMMENDED by the Holy Spirit for checking out the Apostle Paul!

So why don't you QUOTE Scripture to support your opinions (or the opinions of your favorite teachers).

message 11: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle You are a broken record buddy.

message 12: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle If I read John Calvin's writings: I check the Bible.
If I read YOUR writings: I check the Bible.

You really don't get this do you???

message 13: by Robert (new)

Rod wrote: "You are a broken record buddy."

My response: YES INDEED! And I will continue to request BIBLE in support of people's doctrines.

message 14: by Robert (new)

Rod wrote: "If I read John Calvin's writings: I check the Bible.
If I read YOUR writings: I check the Bible.

You really don't get this do you???"

My response: LOL! But I read your writings and CANNOT check the Bible...

...Because you almost NEVER QUOTE IT!

message 15: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 614 comments 9 Rod; Robert is a hopless case. I have gaven scripture from what Jesus spoke, and he still quotes from what Paul and his disciples said from Thr Acts -Jude. St John 5:43 Paul was on his own without God. The allegory of St John 3:3-5 the truth is explained in Ezekiel 36:26-27 It happened to me physically.

message 16: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "9 Rod; Robert is a hopless case..."

My response: Now that is sadly FUNNY coming from a man who thinks he is Elijah! LOL!