Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Please add page number - Buddenbrooks, Thomas Mann, ebook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josipa (new)

Josipa (justjosipa) | 5 comments Please add the page number for the following edition of Buddenbrooks: Verfall einer Familie, Thomas Mann:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The page count is 669. (Source: www.gutenberg.org)

Thank You in advance.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23774 comments Josipa, that link to the book is bad, you'll need to post it again as there are a few editions of that book.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23774 comments I'm heading to bed, so if another librarian wants to follow up, that would be good.

message 4: by Gretel (new)

Gretel (gretelrot) | 75 comments The GR links redirects me to Harry Potter.
Also, please link to the specific edition you want to be corrected, not gutenberg.org in general, or we risk of changing the wrong edition/not finding it and wasting a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

message 5: by Josipa (new)

Josipa (justjosipa) | 5 comments Gretel wrote: "The GR links redirects me to Harry Potter.
Also, please link to the specific edition you want to be corrected, not gutenberg.org in general, or we risk of changing the wrong edition/not finding it ..."

Hi!

Sorry for the mistake, I don't know how that link got there, I copied it straight from the page. Here is the link now.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I would have listed the ISBN/ASIN, but there is none listed. All it says is ebook, Published January 1st 2011 by Project Gutenberg.

Hope that leads to the right edition.

Thanks for your effort!

Josipa

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23774 comments Josipa, whenever a link is copied incorrectly, it goes to Harry Potter, also you can see the dots at the end of the link - should be green, and when its incorrectly copied they're black. Just FYI.

OK just checked out Gutenberg and unfortunately they don't give the page number. With ebooks, we go on what the publisher says or if there is a PDF copy of the book we can go on that. In this case they don't have a PDF only epub or kindle.

message 7: by Josipa (new)

Josipa (justjosipa) | 5 comments Sandra wrote: "Josipa, whenever a link is copied incorrectly, it goes to Harry Potter, also you can see the dots at the end of the link - should be green, and when its incorrectly copied they're black. Just FYI.
..."

Thank you for Your help.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23774 comments No worries Josipa :)