Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashby (new)

Ashby Albright | 24 comments Need a super/head librarian to contact me I have a question I do not want posted that I am not finding listed on the site.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4696 comments Ashby wrote: "Need a super/head librarian to contact me I have a question I do not want posted that I am not finding listed on the site."

You will find most supers don't do private questions. You need staff
support AT goodreads DOT com

message 3: by Ashby (new)

Ashby Albright | 24 comments This is about something specific for librarians according to rules and a dispute.

message 4: by Ashby (new)

Ashby Albright | 24 comments well, not a dispute, something was said to me by someone in a message and it's really getting to me, not a head/super librarian and after all the books and periodicals I've gone through I am questioning...

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4696 comments Ashby wrote: "well, not a dispute, something was said to me by someone in a message and it's really getting to me, not a head/super librarian and after all the books and periodicals I've gone through I am questi..."

Best to take it to staff. Good luck! :)

message 6: by lethe (last edited Mar 12, 2018 04:50AM) (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Hi Ashby,

If this is about my comment concerning imprints in the Announcement thread, I linked to the appropriate section in the Librarian Manual, so I'm not sure what more clarification you need.

I did notice that I initially wrote 'edition field' instead of 'publisher field', so I apologize for any confusion that may have caused. I have corrected it in the meantime.

Basically, if you stick to the publisher name as it is printed on the title page (or spine) of the book, and not to the name on the reverse title page, you cannot go wrong. Also, abbreviations such as 'Ltd.' and 'Inc' do not add anything meaningful, so they can be left out.

Generally, you should tread very carefully when changing information that is already on the book record. If you do not have the book in hand and/or do not know its ISBN, you cannot be sure that your changes are correct.

Hopefully this has cleared up any misunderstandings.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.