What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. about someone who gets told to kill and that person who tells him is the only one who can stop him, however after he has told the killer to kill he gets run over and rushed to hospital , their are two detectives. this killer is now

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (teroonie2007) | 2 comments I started reading this book a year back, then my daughter borrowed it and lost it. I brought it from a charity shop so it wasn't a new book
Thank you for reading my posts and any ideas on what it could be would be gratefully appreciated.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
Is this a sci fi by any chance? Or just a psychological thriller? Do we know anything about the killer--like is he targeted at certain persons or is it people in general?

Did you have the feeling that the book was recent or older? Do you remember where it was set? What about the cover--do you remember anything about it? Does the trigger guy survive to turn the killer off?

If you are worried about spoilers, this is one of the few groups on GR that almost demand the use of spoilers. However, there is a way to "hide" them so that those who think that they might want to read the book don't have to see them. Type <*Spoiler> the body of the spoiler <*/spoiler>. Just take out the * first. (view spoiler) Good luck finding your book.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (teroonie2007) | 2 comments its a psychological thriller, set in America...there was big writing on the cover and l think it was a dark blue in colour...i only managed to read the first chapter before it got misplaced somewhere....the "cop" who was called out to the murder ...was unaware he passed the unknown person who tells the killer to kill as he drives past in his car with his partner which if l remember correctly was a female.
It is the first book of this kind of fiction that caught my eye ...so was intrigued to read the first chapter.
Its an old book probably from the 1990's or early 2000's .
Thankyou for your help and l hope it jogs someones memory :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Pamela, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Pamela, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.