The Sword and Laser discussion

An Unkindness of Ghosts
This topic is about An Unkindness of Ghosts
An Unkindness of Ghosts > AUoG: length of the book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ivi_kiwi | 87 comments So, i finally finished yesterday and i have to admit I didn't like it very much. Some parts were, in my opinion, really slow and repetitive and bored me.
I would have much more enjoyed the story as a short story.
What are your thoughts? Would you have preferred it shorter or did you want to find out more about the world?

Phil | 1152 comments I thought that most of the flashbacks, especially those at the beginning of the sections dealing with characters other than Aster, could have been cut out without losing anything.

Colin Forbes (colinforbes) | 506 comments Ivi_kiwi wrote: "Would you have preferred it shorter or did you want to find out more about the world?"

I actually wished it could have been just a little longer. I felt that the very end (view spoiler) was a little rushed. I could have used a bit more closure for the characters, but I really enjoyed it up until that point.

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1416 comments Funny, I read this in 2 days... didn't seem long at all :-)

Allan Morrison (allanmor) | 13 comments I'm listening to the audio book. I have about 90 mins left and kind of wish it had ended 30 mins ago. It's not exciting me or keeping my interest, which is a shame because I really wanted to like it.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 22, 2018 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (kassina) | 5 comments I wish the ending were longer, too. I really enjoyed the book (though it was definitely painful to read a times) and I thought the length was fine overall, but I would have liked even a few more pages added on to the end. I just really want to know what happens after (view spoiler)

William Ash | 10 comments I enjoyed the book, especially the audio book (I read half, listened to half). I felt like maybe the beginning was too long, the middle was just right, and the end was too short. Just when I really got into the book, it was over.

Caitlin | 355 comments Jennifer wrote: "I wish the ending were longer, too. I really enjoyed the book (though it was definitely painful to read a times) and I thought the length was fine overall, but I would have liked even a few more pa..."

(view spoiler)

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1892 comments I wish it had been longer. I wanted more time with these people, and I really really want to know what happens next.

terpkristin | 4188 comments Ruth (tilltab) wrote: "I wish it had been longer. I wanted more time with these people, and I really really want to know what happens next."

See, I liked the people, but I have no idea what I was supposed to get from the book. I felt confused at the end.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1892 comments I know what you mean. It isn't a simple story, and I'm not sure there is really a point to it. I was a little confused at the end too. It seemed a bit rushed. I loved the book so much, which is why I would have liked it to be longer. I feel like there was something more that needed exploring for it to be fully satisfying.