Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Could you please fix this author?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 1146 comments Hi guys,

Could you please fix this author: Timothé Le Boucher?

His first name should only be "Timothé" and the last name should be "Le Boucher".

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Olivia (last edited Mar 11, 2018 07:17AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I corrected 'sort by name'.
Does it solve an issue?

message 3: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 1146 comments Yes, thank you Olivia!

message 4: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 731 comments Olivia wrote: "I corrected 'sort by name'.
Does it solve an issue?"

I'm not sure what issue is created by the format of the name (I couldn't even get the formatting to show up without going into Edit Profile), but I note that Guy De Maupassant has on his Profile a Librarian Note that the formatting (Maupassant, Guy De) be preserved to enable Sorting.

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 21209 comments It depends on the name. If this person's last name is Le Boucher, it needs to sort by L. Guy de Maupassant sorts by M (see WorldCat for instance). Alexander McCall Smith sorts by M.

message 6: by Christelle (new)

Christelle | 1146 comments Hugo wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I corrected 'sort by name'.
Does it solve an issue?"

I'm not sure what issue is created by the format of the name (I couldn't even get the formatting to show up without going into E..."

Hi Hugo,

When I was looking for this author among my books on Goodreads, I was looking for him at the letter L, not the letter B, because his last name is "Le Boucher". I finally found it, obviously, but I think it's important that the name of each author is well listed for sorting.

message 7: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 731 comments Christelle wrote: "When I was looking for this author among my books on Goodreads, I was looking for him at the letter L, not the letter B, because his last name is "Le Boucher". I finally found it, obviously, but I think it's important that the name of each author is well listed for sorting. "

Absolutely. I'm still learning my way through the intricacies of the database, and I was mostly intrigued in the difference between sorting surnames beginning with Le and De. (Still don't fully understand it, but at least now I know there is a difference!)

message 8: by Typhaine (last edited Oct 16, 2018 03:28PM) (new)

Typhaine | 3 comments Hello,
Other books by Timothé Le Boucher can be found on the following page, where his first name is mispelled : https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...#
Could someone delete the page in the link and add its content in the appropriate page ?
Thanks for considering my request.

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments #8 profiles merged under correct name