paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Bay's End
This topic is about Bay's End
Buddy Reads Archive > Bay's End by Edward Lorn

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxine Marsh (last edited Jul 23, 2014 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
Bay's End by Edward Lorn

We are starting this one pretty soon, join us! Its free now on Amazon - Bay's End.

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Parent | 17 comments I"m in! I'm in! Been meaning to read more Lorn. Thanks Maxine!

message 3: by Char (new)

Char Oooh, I might try to get in on this.

message 4: by Adam (new) - added it

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 12 comments I will if I can.

Addy | 1944 comments I'm in! Prob start this weekend:)

Vicki Willis I am ready to go.

Scott (ttownscott) I'll join

OK, I guess we can start this weekend as a group!

message 9: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Parent | 17 comments Cool. I read slow, so I might get a head start.

Vicki Willis This is the first book I have read by this author. it seems like it will be a quick read. I gave it to my son to read too!

message 11: by Justin (last edited Jul 24, 2014 10:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
Hopefully your son is older, there's some stuff in it that would prevent me from passing it on to my children even when they do grow up. I will spoiler tag it, but it contains a last third of the book spoiler so you may not want to look before reading it. Trust me it is bad (view spoiler)

Vicki Willis Thanks for the tip! I better preview first. He is only 16.

The majority of the book isn't bad, it's not even really a horror novel so much as it is a coming of age story and other than that one part it would be perfect for teens because of the age of the main characters. It's just that one part is really bad.

Deborah (brandiec) Just finished and loved it! Justin, I think it is a horror novel, not in the supernatural subgenre but in the human evil genre. The ending took me completely by surprise.

Scott (ttownscott) Short book?

Vicki Willis It was a quick read. I was surprised by the ending too. It made me want to cry. I did let my son read it and he liked it as well.

I'm about 30% in and have anxiety on behalf of those kids! Great story so far.

message 18: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments What is it with boys and baseball? Lol. Every coming of age story I read involves boys and baseball. Never fails!

message 19: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Ok, boys and streaking...now that I understand...lol, omg that made me laugh!

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments 25% (view spoiler)

message 21: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments 30%(view spoiler)My kinda book!

Pierre | 25 comments Just wait! You ain`t seen nothing yet... :-)

message 23: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Omg! Can't stop reading this! Must go to sleep! Ah well, finish tomorrow hopefully. The suspense is killing me!

message 24: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments 56%(view spoiler)

message 25: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments (view spoiler)

Pierre | 25 comments No kidding. It is shocking and disturbing.
Thanks for the recommendation.

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments You're welcome Pierre:) Its a great book!

message 28: by João (new) - added it

João Maia | 9 comments 100% (view spoiler)

Vicki Willis Joao,
(view spoiler)

Wow, just finished this one. Fantastic book. Very disturbing and sad, but well done.

After this one, and Cruelty, I'm definitely a Lorn fan!

Pierre | 25 comments I agree.

message 33: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Ok. So I stopped at Eddy's story because the last few days have been crazy and I really just want to focus because I know its not gonna be good. I'm hoping I'll get some peace and quiet tonight (please!)...lol.

Scott (ttownscott) I'm at 25% this morning. I had set this aside to read some of Game of Thrones before my loan ran out. Pretty good story so far. Just kids having fun in the summer. What could go wrong?

message 35: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Wow! I was expecting something a little more shocking but it was a great ending, well not great, but I kind of saw it coming. Messed up! I've never felt so much tension waiting for what was to come. Just great story telling! Now I gotta dig in to more of his stuff and up his work to the top of my tbr list:)

Vicki Willis Addy, I agree! I was so tense the whole book. I didn't want to stop reading, but I didn't want to read on. What made the ending so good was that it was not the perfect ending. It sucked!

Scott (ttownscott) Ok, finished it. Talk about a Scooby Doo ending! It would have worked to if it weren't for you meddling boys!

Scott wrote: "Ok, finished it. Talk about a Scooby Doo ending! It would have worked to if it weren't for you meddling boys!"

I couldn't agree more.

message 39: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Parent | 17 comments I am only 40% done so trying not to read the thread. Hell, I didn't even read the back cover, so I have no idea where this is going to go! FIne so far. Trying to guess...

message 40: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Parent | 17 comments Okay, I finished like a month after everyone. I finally got to read all your thoughts. And here's my rather lengthy review, if anyone is interested... https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bay's End (other topics)