Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Is this a real book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JG (Introverted Reader) | 470 comments Would another librarian with more experience/patience with tracking down book titles like to take a look at The Forked Tongue? A quick google author/title search makes me think it's not correct, but I don't know what it's supposed to be. Thanks!

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It is a real book, but the author's name is just "Flagg", apparently. (Someone probably got hit by an autocomplete somewhere...!)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41003 comments Mod
Cait wrote: "It is a real book, but the author's name is just "Flagg", apparently. (Someone probably got hit by an autocomplete somewhere...!)"

Or merged authors not realizing.

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments rivka wrote: "Or merged authors not realizing."

Probably not -- there was a "Flagg" in the database already, with an Amazon push of this book (the same one, so I merged them) and an author name fragment that turned out to be Judy Flagg Moran. Some days I wonder!

JG (Introverted Reader) | 470 comments Thanks!

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Cait wrote: "Probably not -- there was a "Flagg" in the database already"

Doesn't mean anything. I merged the same author three times a couple hours ago, as I did multiple searches that imported more of her books. (Well, I merged more than that. But three times with that version of her name.)

JG (Introverted Reader) | 470 comments Got another one: Under the Influence. WorldCat calls it a musical CD and summarizes it as stand-up comedy.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

NAB'd