SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

Archives > Looking for Beta Readers for my Science Thriller

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Hello fellow fans of spy/spec ops thrillers -

I've just finished a couple of edits on my first full-length novel and I'm looking for a few fans of the genre to read it and provide insights before I send it off to agents. I tried to write a book that I would love to read, and I think it would be pretty fun for most of you, too.

Just reply here or private message me if you're interested, and I'll send you the digital Kindle/ePub file. Here's my working blurb:

----------------------
Former Special Forces veterinarian Cole McBride is hunting emerging infectious diseases among the endangered mountain gorillas of war-torn central Africa.

Leila Torabi is an Iranian-American physician with the CDC's Epidemic Intelligence Service, assigned to the Viral Special Pathogens Branch in Atlanta.

A senior officer in the terrorist Lord's Resistance Army, Vincent Lukwiya, revels in newfound prosperity resulting from an illegal mining project in the Congo's Virunga National Park.

And Fadi Haddad, aging owner of a Lebanese restaurant in Washington, D.C., hopes that his Hezbollah handlers have forgotten him completely.

It’s one week before Independence Day, and an unpopular president is preparing to host America’s biggest celebration in years. There’s just one small problem: he’s not the only one with plans for the holiday.

When rebel fighters launch a surprise attack as Cole discovers a family of dead mountain gorillas, and the virus responsible for their deaths leaps into the human population, these lives are thrown together in a way none of them could have ever imagined.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (szweiner) | 3 comments I'd love to get an epub version and let you know my thoughts after reading it. Good luck to you!

Sandy

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Dalton | 6 comments I'm always game for new authors in this genre. Shoot me a copy and I'll read it.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Boiko | 2 comments Steve wrote: "I'm always game for new authors in this genre. Shoot me a copy and I'll read it."

message 5: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Awesome, thanks Steve and Stephen! I'll send you both messages now so you can let me know what file type works best on your end. I just finished a second major draft so it should be even better now than before.