Bio-Nerds discussion

Group Reads > Looking for Beta Readers for my Science Thriller

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Hello fellow bio-nerds -

I've just finished a couple of edits on my first full-length novel and I'm looking for a few fans of the genre to read it and provide insights before I send it off to agents. I tried to write a book that I would love to read, and I think it would be pretty fun for most of you, too.

Just reply here or private message me if you're interested, and I'll send you the digital Kindle/ePub file. Here's my working blurb:

----------------------
Former Special Forces veterinarian Cole McBride is hunting emerging infectious diseases among the endangered mountain gorillas of war-torn central Africa.

Leila Torabi is an Iranian-American physician with the CDC's Epidemic Intelligence Service, assigned to the Viral Special Pathogens Branch in Atlanta.

A senior officer in the terrorist Lord's Resistance Army, Vincent Lukwiya, revels in newfound prosperity resulting from an illegal mining project in the Congo's Virunga National Park.

And Fadi Haddad, aging owner of a Lebanese restaurant in Washington, D.C., hopes that his Hezbollah handlers have forgotten him completely.

It’s one week before Independence Day, and an unpopular president is preparing to host America’s biggest celebration in years. There’s just one small problem: he’s not the only one with plans for the holiday.

When rebel fighters launch a surprise attack as Cole discovers a family of dead mountain gorillas, and the virus responsible for their deaths leaps into the human population, these lives are thrown together in a way none of them could have ever imagined.

message 2: by Henry (new)

Henry Hakamaki (henryhakamaki) This is exactly the kind of book I would read, but I don't have an e-reader. :(

message 3: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Henry wrote: "This is exactly the kind of book I would read, but I don't have an e-reader. :("

Henry, I can send it as a Word document or a PDF also if that would help! Based on your favorite books listed here on Goodreads I think you would really enjoy it.

message 4: by Henry (new)

Henry Hakamaki (henryhakamaki) Hmmm, I'm not sure. I can only sit so long in front of a computer screen, so it would take me forever to get through it. Too bad! I'll just have to buy it when it comes out! Best of luck!

message 5: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Henry wrote: "Hmmm, I'm not sure. I can only sit so long in front of a computer screen...

No worries, I feel exactly the same way about reading on computers. Thanks for the encouragement anyway!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I would be up for reading it. James Rollins is one of my favorite authors and this seems a lot like his books. I have to warn you though, I'm currently finishing my thesis work creating viral vectors, I'm kind of a virus nerd.

message 7: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Garber (elliottgarber) | 10 comments Amanda wrote: "I have to warn you though, I'm currently finishing my thesis work creating viral vectors, I'm kind of a virus nerd. "

That's awesome, thank you! And your expertise will be greatly appreciated. I want the story to be as accurate as possible, and I also have a couple current EIS officers reading it now. I'll shoot you a message to get your e-mail address and format preferences.