All About YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > 2014 Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
I put my goal as 55 books and have already reached that goal, maybe I can really reach 100 books this year, so excited!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) | 1 comments Mine was 165, i think im behind about 10 books, theres just tons of good stuff to read and of course not enough time. I need to be immortal, hahaha!!!

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I haven't made any official goals, as they tend to stress me out. My unofficial goal, however, is 36500 pages - 100 pages a day!

message 4: by Nikita (new)

Nikita At the beginning of the year my goal was to read 20 books, only I completed before summer started. Now I'm just reading to see how many I can read by the end of the year and go by that number for next years goal.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) My reading goal for 2014 is 40 books. I've read 17, and currently reading three books.

I decided to up my 2014 reading goal to 85 books. I'm already doing so well and I've almost reached 70 books read this year, I think it's only right to push myself further.

My job allows for quite a bit of free time.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments My goal is 75 and I have read 55 so far. Once I reach it I am hoping to hit 100.

message 9: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
I'm at 97 right now. With our Lunar Chronicles series read and the two ARCs I have right now, I'll have read over 100. That's the most I've read since I've actually started keeping a count.

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
My goal for this year was 36. I was thinking 3 books a month, which actually seemed quite a lot when I set it since I only really started reading a lot this year - read about 3 books last year, lol! So far I've read 60, and don't really have a goal anymore, only to continue smashing my old goal! Only 12 away from getting double!

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) My current number is 89 - a few of those are children's books though, so they don't really count..

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments I had no official goal, but my personal goal was to read 150. I'm at 169. I'm gonna see how many more I can read until the end of year. I just might surprise myself.

message 13: by Erin Lynn (new)

I went with 50 for this year, but now I just want to see how far I can get. I'm lucky that I substitute teach because I can read depending on what the teacher leaves for the kids. It helps with the book count. :)

message 14: by Erin Lynn (new)

Irene wrote: "My current number is 89 - a few of those are children's books though, so they don't really count.."

I count children's books as books. I have a lot of them on mine because I worked at a preschool until May when the director told me to illegally fire my sister. They're still books.

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Erin wrote: "Irene wrote: "My current number is 89 - a few of those are children's books though, so they don't really count.."

I count children's books as books. I have a lot of them on mine because I worked a..."

I agree, children's books count. I should've added that I meant picture books. Like these: Carrot by Vanita Oelschlager Out of the Blue A book of color idioms and silly pictures by Vanita Oelschlager

To me, those books don't count :)

message 16: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna Olivia | 4 comments I have made my goal as 100 books. It was originally at 50 but I feel like I can teach 100. Since March, I have read 40 books and still counting. Wish me luck!

message 17: by Protyasha (new)

Protyasha Roy (protyasharoy) I've made 300 books as reading goal. it's complete.... so i'm trying to reach 5oo!

message 18: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna Olivia | 4 comments How long did it take you to read the 300 books?

message 19: by Protyasha (new)

Protyasha Roy (protyasharoy) five or six month...i'm not sure.

message 20: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna Olivia | 4 comments That's awesome! What genre do u read from? And where do you get your books?

message 21: by Protyasha (new)

Protyasha Roy (protyasharoy) most of them are ebooks, since i don't have any bookstores stored with many books in my country. but i try to buy as many as possible. i love to read a story from an actual book but since there is no option i don't have may choice.
any genre will do!

message 22: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna Olivia | 4 comments What country are u from? And I order books from my library so I don't have to buy them. I woukd prefer not to buy them because I only read a book once. The second time around is really boring. Lol. And I like teen fiction, and young adult. But I like to read books I can relate to

message 23: by Protyasha (last edited Aug 23, 2014 12:35AM) (new)

Protyasha Roy (protyasharoy) Bangladesh, a small country in Asia

message 24: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) I set a goal - 150!

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess I put my goal at 140 books. I'm almost there! :)

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 94 comments Just wanted to update my reading status... Last time I posted, I was at 169. I'm now at 188. I can't wait to see how many I end up with at the end of 2014.

message 27: by Erin Lynn (new)

Babysitting twins this month has really taken a toll on my reading count. I can usually read a book in a day or two, but it's been two weeks, and I'm still not finished with Scarlet.

message 28: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Don't you hate it when life interferes with reading?!?!?"

I really do. But tomorrow I will have three little ones. Their cousin is coming over. I think I am watching him for free, which is annoying, but it will keep the girls busy. The last time he came, I didn't get paid any extra.

message 29: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "Well that doesn't sound fair."

I don't think so. I did the math, and if she pays me for only eight hours a day (and I sometimes am there longer than that), it comes out to be $8 an hour. It's two dollars less than what I charge. When I babysit three, I normally charge $12 an hour, so I'm not at all happy, but it's money I wouldn't have made if I didn't work at all this summer.

message 30: by Erin Lynn (new)

Angie wrote: "True but still! It's shady is all I'm saying."

It is. I don't appreciate it, but it's only one more week.

message 31: by Jasna (new)

Jasna Nickells | 20 comments I don't really have a goal! Never really thought I would need one as I read so much in general. I think about 100 per year is what I do usually but I'm not sure

message 32: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 26 comments I plan on reading 77 books this year so far I've read about 35 so I'm doing well so far....

message 33: by Guy Vestal (new)

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) It is 15 now, but I am hoping to up it to 30.

message 34: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 16 comments My goal is 80 books, but I've only read 34 so far, so I'm thinking of moving it down to maybe 70.

message 35: by Erin Lynn (new)

Mine says I'm seventy books ahead of schedule. I'm thinking I might change it to something else.

message 36: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) My goal is 150 and I'm 1 book ahead right now

Good job Irene!

message 38: by Paula🌸 (new)

Paula🌸 (springster) | 4 comments Im at 11 of 50:( this year has turned harder than i thought. Good job everyone tho!

message 39: by Funmbi (new)

Funmbi (the-book-was-better) | 7 comments My goal was to read 35 books and I'm 6 books ahead of schedule with 29

message 40: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 388 comments Mod
I have read 43 out of my total gaol of 100 books this year

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments I have read 63 of my goal of 75. I hope to reach 100, but I don't think I am going to.

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Clysdale I already finish my book challenge was set at 100 books.

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) I completed mine:-D 50 was my goal, well it was 60 but Goodreads kept kicking off short stories so I changed it to 50. Nevertheless, I have read 61 books so far*beams*

message 44: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments I have just finished my 71st book. 4 more until I reach my goal of 75!

message 45: by Erin Lynn (new)

I'm at 109!

message 46: by Jess (new)

Jess I've finished my goal of reading 140 books. :D

message 47: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments I finished my goal of reading 75 books! I am hoping to make it to 100, but I'm not going to add to my challenge. I would just like to see how close I can get.

message 48: by Erin Lynn (new)

I reached my second goal for this year of 110 books. I'm glad I upped it after I read over 50. It just looks so amazing to see that completed ribbon again.

I think from this point forward, I'm going to keep it at 110, and just see where I go from there. I do want to do some re-reads, and unfortunately, they don't count toward the challenge. They do on BookLikes, so maybe Goodreads will get on that soon.

message 49: by Erin Lynn (new)

Megan wrote: "I finished my goal of reading 75 books! I am hoping to make it to 100, but I'm not going to add to my challenge. I would just like to see how close I can get."

That's awesome, Megan! :)

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments Thanks, Erin! I wasn't sure I was going to make it when I first set it to 75. I'm glad I finished it early so maybe I can reach 100 or more. :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.