All About YA discussion

All About YA Member Club > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 498 (498 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 14 comments Hi my name is Jules. I read and write YA - my debut novel - I Belong to the Earth (YA paranormal fantasy) - is coming out early 2015 from illusio & baquer.

I'll read more or less anything but I love the YA genre as a whole because YA books give the reader an experience rather than just a few hours entertainment. They are also so diverse in sub-genre as well, that I can nearly always find something new and cool to read :)

I'm a martial arts nerd and a cheese freak. Nice to meet you all!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Hey, I'm Robin (well duh lol). I read books in every genre. I post reviews, memes, TBR's/wrap-ups, and news on my blog http://wherebooksleadus.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for the invite! This group seems promising (:

message 3: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Hey, everyone! I'm Erin, and I am certified to teach English, although there aren't really any teaching jobs in my area right now. I am working on a YA novel, but I don't really know if it will ever get finished or if it would even get published.

I live in Pittsburgh, AKA the place where they film a ton of movies. It's pretty cool.

I have quite a few autographed books in my collection, and I've met quite a few cool authors, my favorite being Stephen Chbosky. I actually met him twice.

I'm thinking about starting a book blog because I have gotten quite a few ARCs, so it seems like it would be a good idea. I just don't know which website to use.

P.S. I love pickles.

message 4: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Hi everyone! Aw, this group seems so friendly :')

So, obviously my name is Erryn (pronounced like Err-un) and I live in Belfast with my mum/full-time Carer as well as my older brother and younger sister.

I am trying to spread awareness of the connective tissue disorder I have, currently. And even though I dislocate all the time; my DREAM is to be a makeup artist.

I hope I haven't babbled :l

Hope everything is well with you all! Xx

Welcome to the group Erin! And I would suggest using Blogger or Wordpress to start your blog with.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Wrath Hi everyone! I'm Kate. I'm an author currently working on my second book in a YA dystopian series called "E". It's pretty new, only published in May, but it has a 5 star rating on Goodreads so far... hoping to keep up that streak!

I also hang out with a couple of other lovely Indie authors on a blog called Rock the Book www.rockthebook.blogspot.com, where we review, interview, and promote excellent Indie authors, and write about... well, writing. :)

(So yes, Erin, I can second Blogspot as being pretty good and free, though the interface is not as nice as what you can do with paid hosting. If you decide to go with paid hosting I would totally recommend running Wordpress.org [different than .com]on whatever host you choose.)

Nice to meet you all! Erryn, I have family in Belfast, though I'm on the other side of the world, myself. :)

OK, see you all around!

Angie wrote: "Robin wrote: "Hey, I'm Robin (well duh lol). I read books in every genre. I post reviews, memes, TBR's/wrap-ups, and news on my blog http://wherebooksleadus.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for the i..."

Alright, will do (:

message 8: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 36 comments Aw, thanks Angie! Xox

That's really great about your book rating Kate! I'm sure i can vouch for everyone here when I give a massive congrats! I think ill have to see if I can find the first one somewhere :) Xox

message 9: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Handal (sabrinahandal) Hi guys! My name is Sabrina and I'm just your typical 17 year old who is obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch!

I also have a Booktube Channel so yeah: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQoC...

Sabrina wrote: "Hi guys! My name is Sabrina and I'm just your typical 17 year old who is obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch!

I also have a Booktube Channel so yeah: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQoC......"

Hey Sabrina! I love your channel (:

message 11: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Handal (sabrinahandal) Robin wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Hi guys! My name is Sabrina and I'm just your typical 17 year old who is obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch!

I also have a Booktube Channel so yeah: https://www.youtube.com/channe..."

Thank you Robin! I'm flattered!

message 12: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Handal (sabrinahandal) Angie wrote: "Hey Sabrina! Someone else obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch! I totally understand the obsession. I will definitely check out your channel. I'm also obsessed with Booktube! I will add that to the F..."

Cumber Collective unite!!!

message 13: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 318 comments Hey all!

I'm a writer. I've published a few short stories in prose and comics form and am currently working on a novel(which happens to be YA, my library section of choice).

I love comics, Harry Potter, Star Wars, basketball, chicken, cheese, and coffee, among numerous other things.

I look forward to fanning out with all of you.

message 14: by Kitty-Lydia (new)

Kitty-Lydia Dye | 20 comments Hi I'm Kitty. I enjoy reading YA books as well as writing them :) My favourite genres are supernatural, fantasy, sci-fi, classic literature and horror. I also enjoy video gaming, researching local myths and steampunk cosplaying.

Kitty-Lydia wrote: "Hi I'm Kitty. I enjoy reading YA books as well as writing them :) My favourite genres are supernatural, fantasy, sci-fi, classic literature and horror. I also enjoy video gaming, researching local ..."

Hey Kitty! Welcome on board!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate Wrath Erryn_x wrote: "Aw, thanks Angie! Xox

That's really great about your book rating Kate! I'm sure i can vouch for everyone here when I give a massive congrats! I think ill have to see if I can find the first one so..."

Yeah, getting a new review always feels a bit like Christmas. :) So it has been extremely encouraging and exciting to see how people are responding to my work.

OK, I need coffee...

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Kate wrote: "Erryn_x wrote: "Aw, thanks Angie! Xox

That's really great about your book rating Kate! I'm sure i can vouch for everyone here when I give a massive congrats! I think ill have to see if I can find ..."

I am thanks! Hope you are too!

message 18: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Hi! *waves*

I'm Irene, I'm 24 and live in Denmark. I'm studying to work in the publishing industry some day. I spend all my time at my boyfriend's place, where I just read.
I recently got into cooking as well, I'm just not that creative, so I end up doing the same every week lol

message 19: by Maggy (new)

Maggy Farrell Hi,

I'm Maggy. I love YA literature - dystopian, chick lit, thrillers...
The books I write tend to be set among the dark windswept moorlands of England - possibly because I am currently living in the Netherlands and I REALLY miss those hills!

And as for Mr Cumberbatch? Yes please!

Welcome to the group Maggy! Great to have you.

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

Everyone who suggested sites: I went with Blogger because I remembered using it for a class. It's okay so far... I think. Check it out?

http://www.thehardcoverlover.blogspot...

message 22: by Lauren (last edited Jul 27, 2014 12:17AM) (new)

Lauren (ablondelibrarian) | 15 comments HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this community.

I'm currently on a break from my studies to become and English teacher whilst I stay at home with my beautiful daughter Sophia who is just one year old and a complete diva!

Look forward to meeting all of you x

message 23: by Sanjna (last edited Jul 27, 2014 01:04AM) (new)

Sanjna (frost45) | 3 comments Hey everyone! My name is Sanjna and I'm from India. I love reading YA books and I'm constantly on the hunt for new books to read.

I love Harry Potter (my first love), animated movies, Breaking Bad (I'm on season 3), winter, food, and travel. My dream is to travel to every country in the world.

Thank you Robin for the invite! :)

PS I adore Benedict Cumberbatch!

Hey Sanjna! Welcome to the group! And, no problem, thanks for accepting the invite (:

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (ablondelibrarian) | 15 comments Angie wrote: "Hi Lauren and welcome to the group. Your link isn't working on my end.

Another teacher! Awesome! We have a area for teachers here in the group."

Hi Angie - I typed up the html wrong for the link haha edited it now if you fancy popping over :) glad to be a part of this group. Lovely people x

message 26: by Erin Lynn (new)

Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this community.

I'm currently on a break from my studies t..."

Just followed you via BlogLovin, Lauren. :)

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (ablondelibrarian) | 15 comments Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this community.

I'm currently on a break fr..."

aaw thank you so much Erin, means alot :) x

message 28: by Erin Lynn (new)

Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this community.

I'm currently ..."

No problem. Here's mine if you want to follow.

http://www.thehardcoverlover.blogspot...

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (ablondelibrarian) | 15 comments Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this community.
..."

I followed :) Saw your review of The Selection Series, I JUST started the first book. I'm hoping I like them.

message 30: by Erin Lynn (new)

Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being involved in this..."

Thanks! :)

OMG. I adore that trilogy. I think they get better with each book. But they are so cute. I have to read the short stories soon.

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (ablondelibrarian) | 15 comments Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am loving being i..."

I have all three to marathon read! haha I'll have to pick up the shorts too if I like them x

message 32: by Erin Lynn (new)

Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren wrote: "HI everyone, I'm Lauren and I just recently started my own book blog over at A Blonde Librarian and so far I am l..."

I read them as they were released, so it was tough. I am in for marathon re-reads all over the place soon.

message 33: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 5 comments Hi guys, I'm Poppy. Nice to meet all of you :)

message 34: by Maggy (new)

Maggy Farrell LADY Poppy? I like it!

message 35: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 5 comments Maggy wrote: "LADY Poppy? I like it!"

Well thank you! :D

message 36: by Erin Lynn (new)

Lady Poppy wrote: "Hi guys, I'm Poppy. Nice to meet all of you :)"

I love your name. I've recently been into the BBC show Almost Royal and I've found that it's such a fun name to say.

Hey Poppy!

message 38: by Antranig (new)

Antranig Dereyan | 1 comments Name is Antranig, my YA realism novel-High School Society of One (actively seeking an agent) can be found on Goodreads and bought on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J43XFTC

Love YA, never actually grew up, haha. Just wanted to join and interact with fellow YA fanatics.

Would love for you guys to read my novel and review it.

Nice to meet you Antranig!

message 40: by Richard (last edited Aug 05, 2014 07:13AM) (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) Hi folks. I'm a new author, and I've self-published a sci-fi book. The Dark Colony

I've classified it as YA because I envisage my reader as a young person, ideally a girl considering an engineering or science career. I'm not sure though, what's permitted in the genre. My characters swear (in several languages), and there are references to, but not descriptions of, sex. After reading 'Hunger Games' perhaps these questions are moot, but I'd value an opinion.

Plus, please review my book! (oops, that slipped out)

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments My name is Megan, I live in the US (don't like giving out exact state or anything) and I just joined this group. I have five dogs, but they all vary in size. Two big mutts from the Humane Society, two yorkies and one silky. Most days I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I love reading YA even though I'm 26 lol. "Adult" type books tend to bore me because they all seem the same. I may read a couple if they sound good, but mostly I just go to the YA section.

I love to read (obviously) and write, but I tend to get in my own way and lose focus. I am hoping to get back to it soon because I do miss it. Anyway, feel free to ask questions or add me if you want to. I look forward to seeing what this group has to offer.

message 42: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Hello, I'm Nikita
I love to read and write. I have dozens of stories I'm trying to finish. My favorite genre is young adult. I grew up in Oklahoma, USA, am the oldest of four sisters, and have two cats. I love movies, animals, the ocean and I joined this group because it sounds fun.

Welcome to the group everyone!

message 44: by Rose (new)

Rose (comicbook_geek) Aloha, I'm Rose!
Just a nerdy high school student who loves to read and play music. (I also absolutely ADORE pugs!!!) I have so many different books that I love, I don't think I could fit it on a list! I joined this group mainly because it sounds cool and like a lot of fun.

Hey Rose! Welcome to the group! I love pugs too, I have a pug mixed dog myself.

message 46: by Erin Lynn (new)

Rose wrote: "Aloha, I'm Rose!
Just a nerdy high school student who loves to read and play music. (I also absolutely ADORE pugs!!!) I have so many different books that I love, I don't think I could fit it on a l..."

Welcome, Rose!

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 20 comments Hey my name is Erin, I live in a small town, and I love to read, I classify myself as really smart and anything else you want to know, just ask

Hey Erin! Welcome to the group, glad to see you here (:

message 49: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 17 comments Hey my name is Makayla, I live in NC and I am in 8th grade and am homeschooled.
My favorite series are:
Divergent
Maze runner
Writing on the Wall

Thanks for the invite Robin!

message 50: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 13 comments Hey all I'm Ron Scheer author of the YA dystopian/adventure novel THE FORAGER (Museitup Publishing June 2014)
Thanks for the invite Robin. This looks like a fun group. I welcome all friend requests.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10