Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

The Snow Child
This topic is about The Snow Child
The Snow Child > CHARACTERS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Were the characters likeable? Did you care for them? Who was your favourite?

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments My fav? The fox. :)

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments Just kidding... I loved the neighbour Esther; her sense of humour, brashness, strength and her willingness to assist new people to the harsh life. She was such a bold, brave character; to me she could be the "poster girl" for Alaska. She might not be a beauty but she's who I'd want watching my back up there.

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I can't recall a time that I have read a book and felt so fondly of all the characters but I think my favourite was Jack. He reminds me a bit of someone I know and I really felt like I understood him. Although I have to agree with Karen that Esther was the salt of the earth. I loved her practical, honest, friendly approach and her attitude about living in Alaska.

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments Anna, I think Jack has some of the same endearing characteristics as Tom Sherbourne from Light Between Oceans. They have some of the same endearing qualities, let the women in their lives take the lead, they are gentle but are survivors at the same time. I think these two books would be great comparison novels for high school students.