Bloggers Unite™ discussion

Random Chit-Chat > Liability Waivers…Do We Need Them?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobbie (last edited Jul 26, 2010 04:18AM) (new)

Bobbie  Crawford | 197 comments Mod
This question has plagued me and it may seem like overkill because who in their right mind would try to sue a book blogger (who doesn’t make any money at it) but you never really know, do you?

Have you taken (perhaps unnecessary) precautions and added a liability waiver to your blog, just in case?

But what do you think? Is it necessary to have a liability waiver on your book blog, personal blog or website?

Does it sounds like a really good idea?

Or do you already have a Liability Waiver posted on your blog or website?

Please discuss this topic with me.

message 2: by Trace (new)

Trace (Runetracey) Ive not even considered a liability waiver, for either of my blogs
I can imagine an author may not like a review, but surely thats life. We cant all like the same stuff and there are plenty of reviews flying around, not just in blog format
Personally I think its overkill. And Im not sure any Court would withhold anyone trying to sue someone for critizing their works

message 3: by Ros (new)

Ros Jackson | 2 comments I've been book blogging for 11 years, and never had a liability waiver. A review is just an opinion, and shouldn't get you into any trouble.

What you do have to watch out for is breaking all the usual laws that bind any writer, but unless your "reviews" are full of "author X eats kittens," or "this author should die in a fire and I urge you to make it so," then you don't have to worry. And seriously, who in their right mind blogs like that?