Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Top Three Thursday > Top Three New Releases for the First Half of 2018

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Jan 18, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 6606 comments Mod
What are the new releases that you're most excited to get your hands on within the next 6 months? :)

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

message 4: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Jan 19, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 6606 comments Mod
Guardian (Alternative Detective, #3) by A.J. Hartley Starless by Jacqueline Carey Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad #2) by Scott Reintgen

Guardian is book three in the Alternate Detective series by A.J. Hartley. The covers are what first caught my attention, and then I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the second book from TOR Teen, and from there I was hooked! Everything about it screams originality to me, because I can’t say as though I’ve read anything quite like it before. I am eager to see what mystery unfolds next in this third book.

Starless is the latest from Jacqueline Carey, one of my all-time favorite authors (famous for her Kushiel Saga, which I love). It appears to be a stand-alone novel. I can’t wait to get back into this writer’s beautiful prose and immersive world building. She’s one of the most lovely writers I’ve ever read and I will continue to devour anything she chooses to write.

Nyxia Unleashed is the second book in Scott Reintgen’s Nyxia Triad series, and even I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first book. It had great elements of competition and an interesting concept, and I think it’ll only get better as the series progresses.

Honorable Mentions: Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs, Iron Gold by Pierce Brown, Last Dragon Standing by Rachel Aaron, and Child of a Mad God by R.A. Salvatore (currently reading).

https://nikihawkes.com/2018/01/18/top...

message 5: by Mat (new)

Mat | 19 comments Age of War
A Time of Dread
Bloody Rose

message 7: by Bill (last edited Jan 18, 2018 02:46PM) (new)

Bill | 2118 comments The main book I’m looking forward to is Scourged by Kevin Hearne. The series has been very up and done but this is the 9th and last book so it will be good to get it done.

Also looking forward to The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor which I think came out the other day. It is the last of her novella trilogy which has been excellent so far.

Lastly would be Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence. Haven’t read Red Sister yet but have loved everything else by Lawrence.

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani | 577 comments The Grey Bastards (re-release in June)
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock

honorable mentions (as they are both released in July):
Record of a Spaceborn Few
Sea Witch

message 10: by Petrik (last edited Jan 19, 2018 12:14AM) (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1545 comments A Time Of Dread = out and read already.
Iron Gold = out already. The book is otw to my home currently.
The Armored Saint = Feb release. Amazing novella, keep this one in mind to those who love grimdark and great heroine!

All release in July:
Bloody Rose
Paternus: Wrath of Gods
City of Lies = So many great blurbs for this debut already. John Gwynne, Robin Hobb, Adrian Tchaikosvky, etc.

Yes, the book I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2018 is pretty much out already.. xD

message 11: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1728 comments These are sequels from series I follow:
Wrath of Empire (McClellan)
Revenant Gun (Lee)
Artificial Condition (Wells)

Special mention because it is a stand alone: Space Opera (Valente)

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3256 comments I'm looking forward to:

Grey Sister
Bloody Rose
The Ember Blade

And Niki has me eyeing Starless too.

message 13: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4009 comments Bill wrote: "Lastly would be Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence. Haven’t read Red Sister yet but have loved everything else by Lawrence."

I march under Lord Billiam's banner. Mark Lawrence forevaaaaaaaar!

message 14: by Miche (new)

Miche | 2930 comments Books that I am excited for:

The Armored Saint - highly recommended by Petrik
Age of War
Obsidio

message 15: by Virginie (last edited Jan 20, 2018 01:27PM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments I'm looking forward to:

Grey Sister
Age of War even though I haven't started the series yet. I strongly believe that Michael Sullivan can do no wrong!
Spinning Silver (well, it's technically out in the second half of 2018)

message 16: by Sha (new)

message 17: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1495 comments Miche wrote: "Books that I am excited for:

The Armored Saint - highly recommended by Petrik
Age of War - highly recommended by Chris
Obsidio"

Fixed it for you ;)