Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Reader Poll

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Lee (christopherleeauthor) | 14 comments Greetings,

I am looking to conduct a poll of readers.
I want to know what the major turn-offs in regards to author conduct on forums and social media are. As a reader when you see an Indie Author promoting their work or their brand, what is it that irks you, makes you look the other way, or completely ignore them.

Vice Versa I would also like to know what intrigues you or causes you to take a second look.

You can respond here, or to my email at christopher.eichenauer@gmail.com

message 2: by M.F. (last edited Jan 04, 2018 04:59PM) (new)

M.F. Hopkins | 7 comments As a reader, a major turn-off is when authors hounds you to death to read their work. Recently, under my reader/reviewer profile, I had such an author. I almost told him to shove his book, but I didn't. lol
And unfortunately, many books in the paranormal romance category look the same cover-wise, so a possibly great writer may be overlooked by me due to the cookie cutter book cover.

Turn-on? Besides the genre, I'm drawn to a book by its blurb, and what I read via the sample that is offered.

message 3: by Mariam (new)

Mariam Cheshire (mariam1972) | 23 comments My problem - I hesitate to push my new book. At the moment "The Lifes and Loves of Myrt-ty-Ky-Ly, Dragaan Princess" is only on Amazon although I will add it to Kindle later this month. I have notified my mailing list with a few sales. I put it on Twitter and my small Facebook once. I don't want to do give-aways or 99 cents. This book is not for children, it's not space opera or romance. The closest heading would be 'Reality,' - part of my life with a Dragaan friend. Unless I find some better way to tell the world about it, this book will be one of the uncovered (dare I say) greats. thanks for listening, Mariam Cheshire, www.taswos.com has the first chapters of my books.

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Kennedy | 65 comments Mariam wrote: "My problem - I hesitate to push my new book. At the moment "The Lifes and Loves of Myrt-ty-Ky-Ly, Dragaan Princess" is only on Amazon although I will add it to Kindle later this month. I have notif..."

There's nothing worse than trying to sell yourself, is there? 😡

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Kennedy | 65 comments Mariam wrote: "My problem - I hesitate to push my new book. At the moment "The Lifes and Loves of Myrt-ty-Ky-Ly, Dragaan Princess" is only on Amazon although I will add it to Kindle later this month. I have notif..."

I saw a good one a little while ago. It went something like this: Whenever you feel bad, just remember that Coca-Cola only sold 25 bottles the first year.

message 6: by Mariam (new)

Mariam Cheshire (mariam1972) | 23 comments This sounds like "You been there, done that." And I'll bet that Coca-Cola had 25 family members who spent that nickel the first year.

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Kennedy | 65 comments Mariam wrote: "This sounds like "You been there, done that." And I'll bet that Coca-Cola had 25 family members who spent that nickel the first year."

Lol, I definitely have. Hang in there. It's a crappy job but somebody has to do it.