Challenges from Exploding Steamboats discussion

Stina's Challenge 2018 > Summer Prompt: A book with a number in the title

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 640 comments Mod
This was a summer-specific prompt last year, so I'll be saving it for my summer reading challenges starting sometime in May.

Just glancing over at the nearest bookshelves, I see Seven Locks and Microsoft Access 2010 VBA Programming Inside Out. The former most likely has more narrative appeal.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Arkless | 149 comments I just finished A History of Britain in 21 Women by Jenni Murray. She started with Boadicea who died in 60 or 61 AD and finished with two women still alive today: Mary Quant and Nicola Sturgeon. Of all these women, the only one I wouldn't have included is Sturgeon. I can not abide her politics. Several of these women I had never heard of. All of them are very strong characters. Margaret Thatcher is perhaps the most controversial one (today), although simply by being the first female PM is probably enough to include her. She did not do much beyond that to promote women.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 233 comments I was about half-way through Three Wise Cats when I realized it would count for this challenge. Finished it tonight.

message 4: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 640 comments Mod
I went with Six Wakes. I liked a lot of things about it, but after all the hype, it was a little disappointing in many ways as well.