Challenges from Exploding Steamboats discussion

Stina's Challenge 2018 > Summer Prompt: The second book in a series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 640 comments Mod
This was a summer-specific prompt last year, so I'll be saving it for my summer reading challenges starting sometime in May.

Considering how many series I started last year, this should be a breeze! Maybe Death in D Minor?

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 144 comments I'm currently listening to The Boy on the Bridge which is the sequel to The Girl With All the Gifts. I liked the first a lot; the second is quite good so far. (It helps that the narrator is excellent.)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 144 comments Updating: it looks like this has been a year of sequels for me.

The Doll's House - the second in Neil Gamian's graphic novel series The Sandman

The Roses of May"> Sequel to The Butterfly Garden. Not as good as the first (which was only okay, really), though an interesting concept and a better follow-up than I expected.

Persepolis 2 - A very logical follow-up; the continuation of the story.

Authority Second in the Southern Reach series. It's a continuation of the first, but from a totally different perspective, which I like.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Arkless | 150 comments Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children

message 5: by Cheryl (last edited Oct 06, 2018 03:31PM) (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 233 comments I crossed this one off the list with The Maltese Goddess by Lyn Hamilton, the second book in her archaeological mystery series featuring Lara McClintoch.

ETA: Stalking Ivory was also the second book in the series, but I counted it for a different prompt

message 6: by Stina (new)

Mary wrote: "Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children"

That was a contender for me, but I ended up going with my girl Flavia in The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag.

message 7: by Stina (new)

Cheryl wrote: "I crossed this one off the list with The Maltese Goddess by Lyn Hamilton, the second book in her archaeological mystery series featuring Lara McClintoch."

I can't remember if I've read that one. I know I read the first book in the series, and I remember liking it well enough to look for the second book. I'll have to check and see if I ever found a copy.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 233 comments Stina wrote: "Mary wrote: "Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children"

That was a contender for me, but I ended up going with my girl Flavia in [book:The Weed That String..."

Flavia RULES!!