CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 1- Happy New Year... Let the Challenge Begin!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 732 comments Mod
Welcome to Week 1 of 2018's 52 Book Pickup!! Are you excited for another year of reading 52 books? I know I am!

Couple bits of housekeeping...

Participation prizes for 2017 are still available until January 20th here at the Central Library. We all need more bags and books in our lives so come pick up yours today.

2017 books can be entered until January 5th. The grand prize winner will be drawn, announced, and contacted on January 8th.

January 8th, the current website will go down as I begin the process of setting up 2018's site. I've never used this software before so please bare with me. My goal is to have 2018's site up and ready by January 22nd.

Online Book Club... who has their copy of Norse Mythology? I picked up mine and have already started. Look to see discussion posts in the coming days.

February's theme is Romance. You can vote for which book you want us to read here. Voting is open until January 14th. Make sure you get your friends involved, too!

Phew. I think that was all the housekeeping! Now on to the fun stuff...

What is everyone reading this first week of 2018?

I had two days off so I got a bit done (so proud of myself for starting the new year off right!). Started Norse Mythology, finished Ouran and Beasts Made of Night. Also reread a childhood favorite- Dinotopia.

It's going to be a great year!

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18 (Ouran High School Host Club, #18) by Bisco Hatori Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi Dinotopia A Land Apart from Time by James Gurney

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I am finishing Sleeping Beauties during the snow storm. Less then 200 pages to go!
Excited about the new challenge!

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) I have read The Chalk Man, Lie With Me, The Company of Demons, and The Spy Who Never Was.

I also got midway through Britt-Marie Was Here, but gave up. Not the book for me although I loved his Beartown.

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor , Lie With Me by Sabine Durrant , The Company of Demons by Michael Jordan , and The Spy Who Never Was (Nora Baron #3) by Tom Savage .

message 4: by Jodie (last edited Jan 09, 2018 06:51AM) (new)

Jodie Reha I just finished He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly and I was blown away! A "must read" if you like suspense novels and twists in the story. The narrative is told in two different voices (hence, the title) and different chronological time periods (a writing device I love!).
He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Jodie wrote: "I just finished He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly and I was blown away! A "must read" if you like suspense novels and twists in the story. The narrative is told in two different voices (hence, the tit..."

I read that one, Jodie and I agree. It was a great thriller.

message 6: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 69 comments Will there be any mini-challenges this year?

message 7: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 732 comments Mod
Kayzee wrote: "Will there be any mini-challenges this year?"

As of right now, the Online Book Club book is acting as our only monthly mini challenge. If my schedule calms down at all, I would love to try and continue the Take It or Leave It challenge but we will have to wait and see.