What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beyond
This topic is about Beyond
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romantic novel about an arranged marriage It takes place in the future, an older man and younger girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia  Rose  | 9 comments Hello everyone, before I start sorry for my English!
So I have been looking for a book that I read a while ago and want to reread but I forgot the title and author. It is about a girl who is around 18/21 years old and her father wants her to marry someone because he is getting older/sick and she has to take over his position but he doesn't want her to do that alone. The world has been invaded by aliens/other creatures (I don't remember that anymore) so there are not a lot of humans anymore. The only humans who are alive live together in a big 'castle' and the father of the heroine is the leader. She can choose her husband and she chooses a guard/warrior of her father. The guard is not happy that he has been chosen because he loves his job and doesn't want to give it up to marry a young girl. He is also the best guard. He eventually falls in love with her and becomes very possessive. Together they take over her fathers position when he dies. His dead is a mystery and eventually they dissolve that.
So anyone who may know the title/author?
X

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37766 comments Mod
Sishs, around what year did you read it? Author female or male? Remember the cover? Paper book, ebook, other format?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jan 04, 2018 11:10AM) (new)

Kris | 33377 comments Mod
Beyond by Chantal Fernando?
(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "science fiction" "romance" "her father" marry "guard")

Sishs, are there zombies (post-apocalyptic/dystopian) or aliens in spaceships?

Is her father called a king, ruler, president, etc.?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37766 comments Mod
Bumping because Sishs posted recently.

message 5: by Olivia (last edited Sep 23, 2018 07:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia  Rose  | 9 comments Thank you all xxx It was beyond indeed

message 6: by Bookreader (new)

Bookreader Sishs wrote: "Thank you all xxx It was beyond indeed"This sounds good. Who is the authur? I would like to take a glance at it

Olivia  Rose  | 9 comments Bookreader wrote: "Sishs wrote: "Thank you all xxx It was beyond indeed""

Chantal Fernando x

message 8: by Bookreader (new)

Bookreader Thank you

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beyond (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chantal Fernando (other topics)