Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 5: Mt. Kilimanjaro (60) > Jen’s First Climb

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (greeniezona) I’m glad to have found this group and to be starting my first climb! Like most of you I have mountains of unread books, and just can’t stop acquiring more! Last year I got a bit carried away placing holds at the library, and having due dates for those stacks of books made it hard for me to spend time with the books I’d actually purchased! This year it’s my goal to read two books from my TBR shelves for every new or library book. Since my total goal for the year is 100 books, 60 seems like a good fit for a climb goal.

I don’t have 60 specific books I’m looking to read, but I do have a small three shelf bookcase where I’ve gathered my unread books that I’m most excited about reading, and I’m hoping to have to reshelve most of those books this year!

I’m also participating in the Beat the Backlist challenge, and did an introductory post with my bullet journal challenge spread on my reading blog: greeniezona.wordpress.com

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Good luck and happy reading!

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 12, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

Jennifer (greeniezona) Here I will keep my running tally of TBR books that I've finished this year, with commentary about them in the posts below.

Kilimanjaro Progress (2/60):
Thomas Paine's Rights of Man: A Biography
The Subtle Knife

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (greeniezona) So I've finished up a few books that I had almost completed in 2017, and now have finished my first book started in 2018!

Thomas Paine's Rights of Man A Biography by Christopher Hitchens

This book has been on my shelves for many MANY years. It's an ARC, published in 2007, so that means at least eleven years now. I *really* enjoyed it, and it was such a fast easy read that I'm a little embarrassed that it took so long to get around to it. But it also seemed like especially appropriate reading in our current political climate.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (greeniezona) The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman
I finally got around to reading The Golden Compass last year, and like nearly everyone else on the planet, I found it amazing. I knew it would only be a matter of time before I read the rest of the series, despite my general avoidance of series. In some ways, this second book wasn't quite as magical as the first, but in places I was even more in love with it. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!