2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > David's 101 Book Extravaganza

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AZ Book Guy (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:45PM) (new)

AZ Book Guy | 7 comments The word extravaganza might be a stretch but I'll really need to stretch to make the goal this year. I've never read more than 60 books in a year. Last year my goal was 42 and I finished with 43, however, personally speaking it was a difficult year so 43 was a major victory.

Fortunately, after recently downsizing and donating 80% of our household items to charity, there will be no more days lost to yard work, cleaning or maintenance of my place or my things. Also, I'm new to Audible and will supplement reading with audio books during my 90 minutes of daily commuting and 30 minutes of dog walking time :-)

So excited to get back to living and reading - here's to a great 2018!

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) David wrote: "The word extravaganza might be a stretch but I'll really need to stretch to make the goal this year.
So excited to get back to living and reading - here's to a great 2018!."

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal David & a very happy New (reading) Year!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great keep it up!

message 6: by AZ Book Guy (new)

AZ Book Guy | 7 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great keep it up!"

Thank you!!

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 9: by AZ Book Guy (new)

AZ Book Guy | 7 comments Blagica wrote: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?"

To Kill a Mockingbird is my stand out! Never read it in H.S. (Cliff Notes weren't nearly as good LOL) but I really enjoyed the storyline and character development. Our family watched the movie as soon as I finished the book. Fun experience.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine! Awesome and no Cliff notes are just a bad high school habit.