What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Earl (Devil's Duke, #2; Falcon Club, #5)
This topic is about The Earl
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance Regency maybe - it's definitely part of a series, a supporting character lady changes her name to a famous woman every so often, like Cleopatra. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damandeep (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Damandeep | 5 comments I'm not even sure its not a part of the series listed below, pretty sure its not, as I can't see any mention of that character as I go through the books in those series.

I swear one scene she's in a carriage helping the lead characters out with a mission.

something like the Inferno Club or Drake's Rakes series

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Damandeep, around what year did you read this book?

Can you tell us more about the heroine, hero and plot of this historical romance?

Damandeep | 5 comments I read this book maybe 2 years ago, I think.

I don't remember much about the heroine at all. I think the hero was a part of some secret group that worked for the government.

There might be a heroine in another book in the series that was kidnapped and lived in America (I think the supporting character shows up in that one too).

All the historical romances are getting jumbled in my head!

bell (ditchqueen) | 25 comments ARGGG!! I have read this one! But can't think of anything else with the story.. do you remember anything else? I will peel through my book lists..

bell (ditchqueen) | 25 comments Is this it? Mistress by Amanda quick?
"After a year of grand adventures touring the classical ruins of Italy and Greece, Iphiginia Bright returned to England to discover that the real excitement was at home. It seems that her Aunt Zoe has fallen victim to a sinister blackmailer and only Iphiginia can hope to stop the culprit before he can do more harm. Her plan is inspired: Imitating history's most legendary beauties--Cleopatra, Helen of Troy, Aphrodite--the former schoolmistress will remake herself, and descend upon London Society as the dazzling mistress of Marcus Valerius Cloud, the infamous Earl of Masters. Rumors hint that the Earl has disappeared at the blackmailer's hands, and by posing as his unknown mistress, Iphiginia is convinced she can ferret out the villain. Overnight, Iphiginia is transformed into a vision with a host of eager admirers, including one she does not expect -- the Earl of Masters himself, who strides into a shimmering ballroom one evening to cooly reclaim his "mistress". He is everything they say he is... arrogant, attractive, devastatingly seductive, and Iphiginia can't help but be enthralled. But when Marcus agrees to play along with her charade, she doesn't know that the determined earl has plans of his own: to tease and tempt her, until the beautiful deceiver becomes more than his mistress in name only"

Damandeep | 5 comments Hi bell,

No its not that one, but now Mistress is going to be on my TBR list. Thanks!

I think the supporting character (who changes her name) was to get a book of her own, but don't know if she ever did. That's why I was interested in finding out, I really liked her character alot.

I think her character was being set-up as the heroine with one of the other "agents".

I might just re-read all the Drake's Rakes and Inferno Club books myself again to see if I can remember anything or be connected to another series like those.

bell (ditchqueen) | 25 comments I didn't think it was right, but I was hoping :) I know I read the book. She was a supporting character like you said and every couple of days she decided on a new name. For some reason I'm thinking she was in pennyroyal green series., but I could be wrong. I think I read this book last year, so I'm slowly going through each book :)
Hopefully someone on here recognizes it, if I can't figure it out soon :)

message 8: by LaSorella (last edited Jan 04, 2018 08:55AM) (new) - added it

LaSorella | 23 comments I believe it is The Earl
It is part of a series, and this book is about her.
Enjoy!! :)

Damandeep | 5 comments YES!! that's the one. Thanks so much LaSorella!

message 10: by bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

bell (ditchqueen) | 25 comments awesome! it was bugging the heck out of me!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Earl (other topics)