✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

Riveted Reading Challenge 2018 > Read a book where a sport is a major focus/plot element

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod
Read a book where a sport is a major focus/plot element

message 2: by Christina (new)

Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1) by Scott Reintgen by Scott Reintgen definitely centers around sports. It's more of a competition-focused book (think Hunger Games ) but there are martial fights, track running challenges, and boat races- amongst other challenges.

We follow Emmett, a teen from Detroit who has won his way to a golden ticket- Bable Corp. has offered him a wealthy sum of money each month (for forever) and health care for he and his family and all he has to do is go to space and harvest Nyxia for them. But there's a catch- he's not the only one they have offered this too and they're only taking 8 competitors. Along the way there are more twists and turns (or as I said in my review: turn/twist/punch/repeat) It's a great read (easily bingable in a day) and has me ready for a sequel!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Christina wrote: "Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1) by Scott Reintgen by Scott Reintgen definitely centers around sports. It's more of a competition-focused book (think Hunger Games ) but there are martial fights, trac..."

This sounds really cool! The idea of a competition will send my teens running for this book!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Ghost (Track, #1) by Jason Reynolds

Ghost centers around track (in addition to the hard-hitting topics of bullying, poverty, and PTSD). This book takes the metaphor of "running from your problems" and turns it into a heart-felt and inspiring novel.

Jason Reynolds: I love your books!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Melissa wrote: "Christina wrote: "Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1) by Scott Reintgen by Scott Reintgen definitely centers around sports. It's more of a competition-focused book (think Hunger Games ) but there are martia..."

It was SO good! I can't wait to read the sequel. Great characters and a super twisty competition!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nyxia (other topics)
Ghost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Scott Reintgen (other topics)