Read More, Relax More discussion

Book Selection > First of the Year

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hudson (courtneyhudson) | 73 comments Mod
We won't have a book this month as many people are recovering from the holidays. Feel free to share any great reads or make some suggestions for coming up polls.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments Been slacking lately Courtney, because of the loss of my Dad. I'm currently reading Earthbound by Richard Matheson. He's sorta like a pre-Stephen King. Not real sure if I like it (so far). I'm about 20% into it.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Np Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss, let me know if I can help in any way. The holidays are really tough for losses. I'm still reading NOS4A2, although I'm nearly done. I have a long list of books I've been wanting to read/finish reading. I am hoping to take this month to also get more organized.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments After the holidays, the number of toys my son received (and he's not even 2) make me want to box up more than half of his toys and put up in the attic. He got so much stuff. We bought a toy organizer and put it together last night.

Clothes have been donated to Goodwill too.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

I know what you mean, we did well this year, but it took a few years to learn about which gifts are worth the investment. A few really wanted more expensive gifts to outweigh the number of small gifts in our house has been the key. I used to balance so they had a bunch to open, but realized quickly they had favorites and the others ones just fell by the wayside barely used. We usually wait until yearly purge in the spring for clothes, but I should probably do it twice a year, they grow so fast! I have given up on organizers, but I hope you have better luck! We just stick with throwing them all in the toy box because they always end up mixed together in the end.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 45 comments Right now, Henry doesn't have a "toy box" other than a small Rubbermaid tote. I can't seem to find an actual toy box. Do they even make those anymore ?

Henry didn't seem to care about getting clothes this year. However, toys with wheels, dinosaurs and his little play tool bench set he's played and played with. We found one for an 18 months+ on Amazon and we're like that will be perfect for Henry. He loves it.

message 7: by Courtney (last edited Jan 05, 2018 10:43AM) (new)

Our toy chests have been passed down from Ryan's nieces, so they're old, but work well lol. We have 1 Rubbermaid tote, 1 Playskool toy box, and another that is an old traveling chest (it's huge and the boys' favorite-it's the one that stays in their bedroom). He'll play with those toys until he outgrows toys...Parker is 4 and he still plays with some toys he's had since he was a baby, but he loves vehicles and dinosaurs the most. Although Amazon has some very nice toy chests.