What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Journey into Madness: The True Story of Secret CIA Mind Control & Medical Abuse
This topic is about Journey into Madness
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Non-fiction on lobotomy [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gianna ⚴ (giannadim187) | 33 comments Happy new year!
I read this one around 2006-07, borrowed it from my university library. It was an old paperback with a black-and-white swirl on the cover. Most of the book focused on lobotomy and why it became so popular during the '30s-'50s, I believe there were some actual examples included and some psychological/sociological analysis too.
It was not My Lobotomy though.
Any help would be appreciated :) Thank you!

Gianna ⚴ (giannadim187) | 33 comments I don't think it's that one... I think there wasn't even the word "lobotomy" on the title. Thanks though!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jan 03, 2018 01:14PM) (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Gianna, is this partly a biography?

I'd suggested doing an advanced search on Worldcat:

www.worldcat.org > Advanced search > Subject: lobotomy | 1980-2010? | Non-juvenile | Non-fiction | Book | English

Gianna ⚴ (giannadim187) | 33 comments It wasn't a biography as far as I can remember. Mostly analysis.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look!

Gianna ⚴ (giannadim187) | 33 comments I found it thanks to my university's library database, I'm 90% sure it's this one Journey into Madness: Medical Torture and the Mind Controllers.
Thanks for the help anyway!

message 7: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1871 comments I was going to say The Lobotomist: A Maverick Medical Genius and His Tragic Quest to Rid the World of Mental Illness, but it would not have been old in 2007; it was first published in 2005.