The Importance of Reading Ernest discussion

General Stuff > Where is yous'all from???? Yeeeee hawwwwww!!!!All Canadians, or United Staters???

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
I am curious where everyone is from on here,if you don't mind enlightening us. I am a southern boy, & I am from Sullivan, Missouri. Anyone else wanna reply? Thanks a bunch!

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Kain-tuck-ee

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
Oh yeah? what city you close to?? i love kentucky. been to kentucky lake area many times. it's beautiful.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) South of Louisville, 35 miles, where all the Bourbon comes from.

message 5: by Gary (last edited Aug 11, 2009 01:48PM) (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
I have a bottle of Maker's Mark Whiskey that my father in law sealed himself with the wax. I've never opened it. I don't plan to, but I am thinking I need to get myself another bottle so I can open that one and try it.Always amazing to me that where Jack Daniels is made,and marketed, that it's a dry county,and you'll not allowed to sample it at the distillery. I've not been there, but I was in one in Missouri,and went into the barrel shed. The aroma made you drunk in there! Ha!

message 6: by Brad (new)

Brad (judekyle) | 219 comments Mod
Yankee-Canuck here. I am an expat American with a strange history. I was born in the states, raised in Calgary, Canada, returned to the states for six years (Jax, FL then LA) then bugged out cause I couldn't take it anymore, and now I am working on Canadian citizenship.

message 7: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
the bush years????

message 8: by Brad (new)

Brad (judekyle) | 219 comments Mod
Yep.

message 9: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
not surprised. we are still fucked up today because of it. obama has a big mess to clean up.

message 10: by Gary (last edited Aug 12, 2009 05:15PM) (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
Anybody else gonna share where you hail from????

message 11: by Matt (new)

Matt You already know this Gary, but i'm from Cape Girardeau, MO - down in the Southeast corner of the state.

message 12: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
thanks , tadpole. it does enlighten the others. be cool! this heat the past couple of days!!!!

message 13: by Matt (new)

Matt I think a front came through for us, Gary. It was only into the mid-80's today with a nice breeze and low humidity. Hope you get some relief soon!

message 14: by Gio (new)

Gio (giobannaschlitz) i am all canadian but temporarily relocated to London, UK.

message 15: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
hey gio!! why relocated to london? for your job?? i'd love to see london. are you up for a houseguest?? lol!!!!

message 16: by Gio (new)

Gio (giobannaschlitz) yes, work transferred me here on a project! very happy to be here - its been 9 months in already and hey, always welcoming a visit!

message 17: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
have you done any sightseeing while you have been there?i'd love to do all the dickens sites, do the jack the ripper tour, see buckingham palace. westminster abbey, etc. etc .etc. what have you done?

message 18: by Gio (last edited Aug 13, 2009 11:38PM) (new)

Gio (giobannaschlitz) i haven't done the dickens sites yet, but did end up at the address of Ebenezer Scrooge's accounting firm...which was very cool. i also ran into knockturn alley, if you like the potter books. i've done the typical tourist things in london, but my faves include the abbey (poet's corner of course) and i'm a big fan of the tudors so the royalty buried in the abbey are amazing. i also really like the tower of london and windsor castle. if you're in the UK though, you must go to Bath - its a beautiful city! and of course, full of jane austen, who i adore. if you're ever bored, you can check out my blog at http://www.giovanna-in-london.blogspo.... the earlier posts are full of the exploring i have done and its been tapering a bit.

message 19: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
i read \quite a bit of your blog, gio. damn, you're hilarious! i'd love to meet you someday!

message 20: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (ladybrettashley) | 17 comments hey everyone! i'm originally from mt prospect, IL and still live <20 miles outside of Chicago, IL.

message 21: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) 20 miles outside of Chicago, does that mean you live in suburbia? Chicago is one big ol' place.

message 22: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (ladybrettashley) | 17 comments i do live in suburbia - kitty corner to o'hare airport.

message 23: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
have you been to oakpark, meredith, to hemingway's birthhome, boyhood home,and the hemingway museum there?? i am dying to go. however, the expense of the motel bill is scaring me off right now. love to also do the frank lloyd wright homes in the area too. have you done any of that?

message 24: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (ladybrettashley) | 17 comments i used to work there as a docent. it's about 15 mi from me, but the travel time is killer, so i had to quit.

actually - if you stay a little off the beaten path, you can stay for approx $40/night. i'm HAPPY to hook you up and be your tour guide.

i haven't been on the flw home & studio tour although i'm DYING to go. however, i have been to unity temple - AMAZING!

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark.

message 26: by Gary (new)

Gary | 400 comments Mod
Very cool, Gitte!

message 27: by Marcus (new)

Marcus (zzzmarcus) | 3 comments From Jax, Fl (isn't it just grand Brad?) but currently, and probably forever hence, living in and loving the Emerald City, Seattle.