2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Lisa B in MN 52 Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Braegelman (elleseejaybee) | 5 comments 2017 my New Years resolution was to read more. I set a goal for the first time ever. I crushed my goal of 24 books by reading 41. I struggled with a number for 2018. While 52 books is a nice even number, I thought it would be a stretch. I decided to go for it as it is supposed to be a challenge.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Braegelman (elleseejaybee) | 5 comments I kicked 2018 starting and completing my first book!

#1. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✨ 4 1/2 stars
Quick, easy BUT well written read. I felt an array of emotion and connection towards the main character. I loved it.

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lisa wrote: "I kicked 2018 starting and completing my first book!

#1. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✨ 4 1/2 stars
Quick, easy BUT well written read. I felt an array of emotion and connection towa..."

Cool Lisa! Will be reading this one in September if everything goes as planned (which it hardly ever does hahaha).

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lisa wrote: "2017 my New Years resolution was to read more. I set a goal for the first time ever. I crushed my goal of 24 books by reading 41. I struggled with a number for 2018. While 52 books is a nice even n..."

Nice goal Lisa! Wishing you the best of luck with it & a very happy New (reading) Year!!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Braegelman (elleseejaybee) | 5 comments #2 Every Last Lie ⭐️⭐️
Ish. It was a "who-done-it" book but I'm not sure the author knew "who-done-it" until the final chapter. Imagine a circle broken into several segments with several exits and entrances-like a poorly designed roundabout with uneven pavement, speed bumps and ice patches. You, the reader, are sitting next to a woman you despise (the main character) and her bratty, whiny, over dramatic 4 year old is in the back seat. Whilr you try to navigate the road through dense fog and different characters popping up on every corner trying to distract you, the horrible woman sitting next to you whines about her life and her spineless dead husband. That is what it was like to read this book.

I gave it 2 stars instead of one because it had potential.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Braegelman (elleseejaybee) | 5 comments #2 After the Eclipse ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sarah Perry writes a memoir about her mother's murder. This sounds like an odd statement to make but I feel very fortunate I was allowed to read this book. It was well written, honest and raw. Factual and filled with so much emotion. The author made me feel as though I was walking along side her as she made strides to grieve, heal and understand.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Braegelman (elleseejaybee) | 5 comments #3 The Woman in the Window, A.J. Finn ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
(And my 200th Goodreads book)
It's been a while since I have read a book that has held my interest cover to cover. It's a psychological thriller that has a simple storyline. (I feel like the last several mysteries I've read have had far too many sketchy characters and unnecessary twists that just read like clutter.) This book could easily be made into a great movie!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Lisa wrote: "#3 The Woman in the Window, A.J. Finn ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
(And my 200th Goodreads book)
It's been a while since I have read a book that has held my interest cover to cover. It's a psychological thriller tha..."

Reading this next month!

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!